Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Back-up Camera

Old 10-25-2007, 08:50 PM
MagnumMan08
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back-up Camera

Has anyone installed a back-up camera on their Magnum? I am about to order and SRT-8 and I can't believe that this is not an available option (either factory or dealer installed)!! It seems like such a no-brainer[&:]

I've looked at a couple of aftermarket options, but wiring it into a Nav system is really expensive and I really don't want to put in a secondary LCD.

I'd appreciate any ideas.

Thanks,

Old 10-25-2007, 10:27 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Back-up Camera

The only advice I can give is to stay away from any wireless kits. They are garbage. There are 2 on the market now and both don't work very well. The Nav system that you are talking about, is it a factory nav or aftermarket? The reason I am asking is if it has a aux video input. If it does then you can get a camera that will mount to your plate for around $40 and wire it directly to the nav system using RCA cable. You will need to check to see if the nav monitor has that input.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:09 AM
MagnumMan08
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: L and R Two

The only advice I can give is to stay away from any wireless kits. They are garbage. There are 2 on the market now and both don't work very well. The Nav system that you are talking about, is it a factory nav or aftermarket? The reason I am asking is if it has a aux video input. If it does then you can get a camera that will mount to your plate for around $40 and wire it directly to the nav system using RCA cable. You will need to check to see if the nav monitor has that input.
I plan on ordering the MyGig system with factory NAV. I'm not sure if those units have an AUX Video input or not. I would like to mount the camera just under the spoiler at the top of the tailgate. Since the rear window dosen't open it's the ideal place to put it.

Old 10-26-2007, 04:24 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess you will just have to wait to see if your system has the aux input. You can try and call who ever placed the order to find out. Like I said though, try to get a wired camera as you will get a much better pic. I am looking to upgrade my camera now to a wired on as the wireless one that I have has way to much interference from my cell phone and the truck shking from the exhaust. I am also mounting my camera up higher on the cap where I will have a better angle on things. Good luck and let us know how it comes out for you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Back-up Camera