Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

It's official. The Magnum is discontinued

Old 11-01-2007, 03:52 PM
dcxguy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's official. The Magnum is discontinued

Bob Nardelli sent us an internal email memo this morning. Part of it said:

Four models will be eliminated through 2008 -- the Dodge Magnum, the convertible version of Chrysler PT Cruiser, Chrysler Pacifica and Chrysler Crossfire. During the same time frame, we will add the all-new Dodge Journey and Dodge Challenger to our portfolio, along with two new hybrid versions of the Chrysler Aspen and Dodge Durango.

It's a sad day for me. I love my Mag.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:21 PM
MagnumMan08
Default RE: It's official. The Magnum is discontinued

so what does this mean in terms of timeline? I mean is the Magnum dead as of right now? Why would they have spent the money to update it only to kill it at the beginning of the model year? well if I can't get my hands on a new 08 SRT-8 then I guess it will be a leftover 07 for me!

Old 11-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Mooneyass

On the bright side, my 06 R/T hasnt been named but from this day on it'll be know as the Dodo!

Old 11-01-2007, 06:35 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy cow, that sucks. I really like the magnum.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:52 AM
mopar2ya
Professional

2008 is the last year for Magnum. IMO the Journey is a lifted Caliber with a few tweaks. Im not caring for it much at all. Its a crowed segment of the market that didnt need another.

The Magnum is set apart from anything else, its doesnt look like a Tarus Wagon or a Mercedes wagon, you see it and its head and sholders above the rest of the wagons...

Old 11-02-2007, 09:52 AM
Scimitar

Well, the PT Cruiser convertible should never have been built, anyway---ugly, overpriced, and a niche-market vehicle at best. DC refused to build the PT Panel, which would have had a much better market than that stupid convertible.The PT itself still has good potential with some updating, but NOT as another version of that abomination known as the Caliber. If Chrysler wants to get rid of some non-viable vehicles, they should start with the Durango and the Aspen. Making hybrids out of them to try to keep them out of gas-guzzler range is just dumb.Jeep needs to kill both of those Caliber clones rebadged as Jeeps, as well as that absolutely idiotic Commander. There's no need for the Dodge Dakota, either. The Challenger will sell like hotcakes for about 6 months, and after that they won't be able to give them away. When gas hits 4 or 5 bucks a gallon, they won't be able to give Hemi's away. I'd been leery of buying any Chrysler product I wasn't going to trade in a couple of years---with the bean counters running the show, Chrysler won't be around in 5 years.

Old 11-02-2007, 05:24 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

Yes! I figured with the political green movement and the high price of gas, these cars wouldn't last long. Now I hope that the Challenger doesn't make it past the 2nd year in production... I need the 2nd year production for the SRT... Collector Cars!

Yea, yea. I know. No 'Collector Car' as there were so many of them made. Give it time...

Old 11-02-2007, 08:48 PM
46FD04
Rookie

I just bought an '07 Dodge Magnum SXT.

Does anyone have any thoughts regarding parts? Are we going to have problems in the future getting replacement parts for the Magnum?

Does anyone know the reason for the Magnum's demise?

Also, I heard here in Toronto (where the Magnum is built), that it will be discontinued in Jan.2008.

GT

Old 11-03-2007, 07:30 PM
HeRoze

Well, I look at this as a good thing. With no more coming from the dealers, the Magnum won't be overbooked in the market. If someone in the future wants one, they have to come to one of us to get it. I like that. I like that a lot.

I don't think parts will be a problem either. The Magnum is enough like the 300 for lots of parts, and isn't some rareity either.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:41 PM
ebologna

I can't believe this. I don't understand why Chrysler would want to discontinue the Magnum. Out of any Dodge vehicle I have seen, I think the Magnum has been my favorite. My mom has one and I love driving it. They handle great and, knock-on-wood, are problem free. I have been looking at the pictures of the new 2008 Magnums and I really like the new front end design. What a shame. And something that has been bothering me, what is the deal with the new "key fob". It doesn't look like it has a key on it, unless its like a Volkswagon key where the actual key pops out of the fob. I don't know. Could someone please explain that?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: It's official. The Magnum is discontinued