Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

Where is the crank trigger sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 01:54 PM
matt.srt10
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is the crank trigger sensor?

I own a SRT10 on a 05 plate...I live in the UK therefore not many people are aware of this type of truck.The truck broke down and there does not seem to be any spark going to the spark plugs...I need to know where the crank tigger sensor is on the truck...Any ideas?

Or could any one tell me how i could get hold of an owners / workshop manual?

Thank you for your help!

Matt

Old 06-25-2007, 12:10 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Where is the crank trigger sensor?

Well, I would guess the sensor has to be by the crank pulley or flywheel. Not sure if this manual would tell you or not.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 07-03-2007, 10:31 PM
G_T

Matt,
First thing you should do is pull the codes from the truck to see what they say. If memory serves, you can do this by cycling the ignition on-off-on-off-on and reading the codes from the odometer.

If you get a P0320 code then that is the code for no crank reference signal at PCM. A P0340 is the camshaft position sensor. You need to be concerned with both. The PCM determines the crankshaft position from the camshaft position sensor and crankshaft position sensor inputs. These are used to determine fuel injection synchronization and to determine which ignition coil to energize.

The Camshaft position sensor is located above the water pump and under the throttle body on the front of the engine. If you have to replace the camshaft position sensor - be careful. There are special procedures for doing so.

The Crankshaft position sensor takes it's readings from the flywheel. It is located at the rear lower passenger side of the motor. It should be easy to remove & replace.

Hope this helps - let us know when it is fixed!

Old 07-09-2007, 04:48 PM
matt.srt10

Thanks mate I tried that and all that it said is "done". My friend used his code reader and it came up all clear so I ordered a sensor from the states and 2 weeks later arived on my door step only cost $18 which I thought was very cheap so I put it on ( located on the passenger side of the block by the engine mount) truck started first time all sweet so I thought!!
When driving like an old grany it is fine but when you stamp on the gas (mostley in second) it seams to cut out then keepsgoing through the rev range while it does that the fuel gauge goes down to empty and the light comes on, when still driving( know normal )the gauge then goes back up to where it was before it happened.
any ideas.... getting a little frustratedgot loads of parts on order but wount be able to put them on until I get this sorted out (e.g Roe supercharger)

Old 07-10-2007, 10:39 PM
G_T

Sounds like a fuel delivery problem. Under high load it is cutting fuel out, but under moderate driving it is fine. Correct? May want to check all of your fuel lines and filters for potential issues (bends, clogs, etc.). I'd also suggest running a dynamic fuel pressure test that can tell you if anything is subpar. You don't want to add any other go-fast-goodies until you have the basics cleared up.

Old 11-03-2007, 06:01 PM
matt.srt10

hi G T
Havent bin on site for a while thought i would hook up and let you now the truck is fixed!!!
problem was engine loom!!
now time for serious bhp upgrades

Quick Reply: Where is the crank trigger sensor?