3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Warning Chime with turn signal

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 02:56 PM
RodeoSupply
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning Chime with turn signal

I have a 2007 Dodge 3500 diesel that is 6 months old. I had a Bradford built flatbed put on by the dealer and now when I use the turn signals and once in a while the brake I get a single warning chime. The problem is intermittent and will sometimes go all day with out happening and then it will happen every time I use the turn signals although it does happen more with the left signal. I have checked all of the lights on the pickup and flatbed and they are all working properly. The other odd thing to me is that if I have the running lights or headlights turned on the problem does not happen so now I turn the headlights on whenever I drive to avoid the annoying chime. I took it to the dealer and they hooked it up to the computer which showed no problems so they replaced a "module" and then spiked the computer to erase all memory to start fresh which did not help. They claim they cannot find a cause and told me to live with it as I had to take responsibilty for choosing to have a flatbed? This is Frontier Motors in La Grande, Or. a "Five Star Dealer"? With the thosands of flatbeds out there I was wondering if any one else has ran across this or has an idea?
Thank you any help would be appreciated.

Old 11-25-2007, 03:00 PM
OldMoparMan
Veteran
Default RE: Warning Chime with turn signal

If the dealer INSTALLED the flatbed, as you stated, it's their problem. Just because you chose to have a flatbed put on by them, doesn't relieve them of the responsibility of a proper and correct install.

Take it back.

It sounds like a power wire backfeeding into the system, due to improper installtion somewhere. Aftermarket bodies should also have a separate ground to the frame, and not reply on the metal to metal contact of the body and the frame or U-bolts that hold the body on.

A circuit searching for a ground can cause funky issues as well.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Warning Chime with turn signal

The problems that I have seen related to flatbeds is in the wiring at the taillights. There are seperate wires going to each taillight. The bed installer takes a short cut and only ties into 1 "side" to get the brake sense wire for both lights. To correct this, tie the left wire to the left light and the right to the right. With the "short cut" the TIPM senses a "problem" with the original wire that was not used...The TIPM thinks that the light is not drawing a load (turning on). Have them recheck the wires. If the dealer installed the bed, then they should fix it and not expect you to live with it. If they had the bed-maker install it, call the bed-maker to see how they wired it.The installer of the flatbeds that we sell was causing this same problem.Hope this helps.....

Old 06-15-2023, 08:35 AM
K2004
Default Same issue, but with right blinker and braking.

Same issue, but with right blinker and braking. But no bed replacement, and it still happens when lights are on.

Old 06-15-2023, 02:51 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Originally Posted by K2004
Same issue, but with right blinker and braking. But no bed replacement, and it still happens when lights are on.
16 year old thread??

Quick Reply: Warning Chime with turn signal