2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fault code P1757

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 02:24 PM
al98ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fault code P1757

O.K. I downloaded a fault "P1757", did a search and found out it is the trany Gov Pressure switch. My question is, is this something you can replace yourself by dropping the pan or do I have to take it to a tranny shop? I know enough about auto trans to make me dangerous, but I am very good with mechanical stuff. I am hoping that this is something I can do myself. All help and comments welcome.

Al

Old 12-11-2007, 03:06 PM
ron333
Captain
Default RE: Fault code P1757

If you do a search for "service manual" on this forum, you will be able to find a service manual that you can download. From what I see, you will have to drain the tranny fluid and drop the pan, but from there, it doesn't look too difficult at all. I have never replaced one before, but I remember seeing it when I changed my fluid and filter this past summer.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:35 PM
al98ram

O.K. I didn't go into what the problem is. I have a 98' 2500 4X4 w/5.9 v8. What is happening iswhen the truck sits fora coupledayswhen I shift in gear F or R it will take some time to get the transmission to engage and go. Usually it just takes a little revving and it will start to go. This only happens when cold and after acoupleof days or longer. I found the manual "thanks Ron" and talked to the dealer about prices and found out that there is a sensor, switch and a solenoid. Should I replace all three and just be safe or does anyone know if it would be just one of them with the code P1757? And when I am in there I plan on doing the belts and filter also.

Al

Old 12-12-2007, 10:40 PM
al98ram

I erased the code and it has not come back yet but I got it when I was towing a trailer. After thinking about it I would figure that the solenoid would only need to be replaced. It seems that the sensor is working properly or it would throw other codes. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't know if the engagement of the transmission has anything to do with this or not because that has been happening as far as I can remember when the truck sits for a long period of time. It never happened when I drove it on a daily basis but I don't think it is 100% right.

Quick Reply: Fault code P1757