Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

cigarette lighter / power outlet probs

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Crump
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cigarette lighter / power outlet probs

This problem is really frustrating me. I have looked through this forum via search and still can not find a solution.

The cig lighter on my 2002 dodge stratus sedan stopped working. I used a cheap cell phone charger in it, which eventually caused it to die. Then, in a stupid move, I used that same charger in my wifes tibureon. That also disabled her lighter... however hers was an easy fix as it blew a fuse.

Now, back to my stratus. The owners manual says the lighter is attached to fuse #8. That fuse also runs the radio amp and horn. That fuse is fine and those other items work fine (replaced the fuse and same thing... horn+radio amp, but no lighter). I went to the auto store and bought a replacement lighter receptacle. Attached the ground and power to it, and still not working... so returned the replacement to the auto store.

Now I am at a loss for what is wrong. Please help me!

Old 11-12-2012, 08:44 AM
evoclarke

I am having the same problem....

Old 11-12-2012, 12:45 PM
ratsttam
Captain

Check ALL the fuses in the inside panel. It may not be the same one as listed.
There is also the possibility that there is an in-line fuse somewhere inside the wire harness.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:51 PM
rv_spoon
Default cigarette lighter/power outlet

We have the same problem with our '04 stratus, horn works, fuse #8 all fuses seem to have power. Is there a wiring schematic for this? I have the haynes and cannot locate anything to assist with the repair. HELP!

Old 11-17-2012, 04:37 PM
BillS
Captain

check fuse #2 in power distibution box ,the fuse box under the hoodi don't know if diagram will work right but here it is cigarette lighter / power outlet probs-108874377.jpg

Old 11-18-2012, 11:43 AM
rv_spoon
Smile

Originally Posted by BillS
check fuse #2 in power distibution box ,the fuse box under the hoodi don't know if diagram will work right but here it isAttachment 17698

It worked! You are wonderful. Thank you!

Quick Reply: cigarette lighter / power outlet probs