Charger SRT-8 That thing got a Hemi? Indeed, a 6.1L Hemi that is. The Dodge Charger SRT-8 pounds the pavement with severe power.

2008 Charger SRT8 Super Bee

Old 02-20-2008, 02:47 AM
MightyZuris
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Charger SRT8 Super Bee

Greetings one and all. I am new to this forum as I just bought the Sea Blue 2008 Super Bee, and all I have to say is WOW!

I would like some opinions since this is my first mopar in 20+ years. I realize the vehicle I have is a limited number vehicle. But I would like to make a few performance upgrades. CAI, exhaust and maybe a jet chip w/ a 180 thermostat.

1. I have read through the specs of several CAI and am favoring the DUB system as the entire contruction is stainless steel. Any thoughts.

2. Everyone I have spoken with that owns a Charger no matter what the engine size is swears by the Magnaflow catback. I was leaning towards Borla. Pros/ cons what do you think.

3. Again, all my friends that have the hemi swear by the JET Performance Chip Module stage 2. Agree disagree or just leave well alone?

4. Finally, as a limited #'ed (#339) vehicle, just leave it the hell alone?

I understand sometimes newbies are not well recieved to forums, however, I sincerely am looking for opinions/facts/past experiences that will help me out.

I than you for your input in advance.

Bill
Fresno, Ca

Old 02-24-2008, 12:51 PM
MANGO3866
Default RE: 2008 Charger SRT8 Super Bee

1. I have read through the specs of several CAI and am favoring the DUB system as the entire contruction is stainless steel. Any thoughts.

I prefer plastic insted of steel as steel will hold more heat. I have the K&N and am happy with it but there are other plastic air cleaners out there.

2. Everyone I have spoken with that owns a Charger no matter what the engine size is swears by the Magnaflow catback. I was leaning towards Borla. Pros/ cons what do you think.

I have the Corsa and am very happy with the sound of it. Not to loud but enough to give you a nice rumble. It was a little quiet when I first put it on but it broke in nicely.

3. Again, all my friends that have the hemi swear by the JET Performance Chip Module stage 2. Agree disagree or just leave well alone?

Get the Diablo Predator hands down. What a difference. You will be very happy with the results.

4. Finally, as a limited #'ed (#339) vehicle, just leave it the hell alone?

What fun would that be and then you would get beat by all the other SRT-8's out there.

Good Luck. PS: If you ever deceide to get new wheels send me a PM as I like the black in the wheel's.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:13 PM
kevinchrist

Go with the mopar performance upgrades. I have the exact same car. I have the stage three suspension mopar exhaust which is borla dynatech makes the nicest headers mopar cold air
I would not mess with the wheels they are specific to those 1000 cars
definetly go with the diablo sport tuner they are hard to get right now for an 08 but get on the list
stick with mopar it's a rare car
mail me if you need help

Old 03-28-2008, 09:09 PM
HRRA13

if you have room, keep the "stock parts" or resale value (in another 20 years)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 Charger SRT8 Super Bee