1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

a/c bypass pulley

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 01:10 PM
sparky3009
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a/c bypass pulley

I just bought the neon in my sig from a guy my old man works with, and he sort of let some things go a little too long (ie. timing belt)

Im working on replacing a bunch of stuff, and right now I'm looking at the a/c system. I figured since I don't use it anyways, I could just put a bypass pulley in and put the belt back on. I've been looking around on google and in forums for a while and haven't been able to find anything. I dont want to just take the compressor out and get a shorter belt, but it might be what I have to do to eliminate the a/c.

Does anyone know where I could order one of those pulley's for the ECC engine? (dohc)

Old 04-08-2008, 01:14 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: a/c bypass pulley

i havent ever heard of one of those pulleys...
the only thing i can tell ya to do is to get a shorter belt and just bypass the pump pulley

Old 04-08-2008, 01:20 PM
sparky3009
Professional

Thats what Im trying to avoid doing. I know it will work, I just dont want to resort to that because there is better ways to do it if anybody makes a pulley.

My buddy put an a/c bypass pulley in his probe and his bronco... I was going to do the same for my a4 but decided to keep the a/c since it's still worth quite a bit, and it would be tough to sell w/o it.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:52 PM
TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL
Professional

no one makes one for a neon, you'd have to have it custom machined, really if you just want to bypass it and not remove it, just unplug the connectors to the compressor, the outer ring on the ac pulley will freewheel

ac weighs about 40s, worth removing completely if you wanted a little more oomph

Quick Reply: a/c bypass pulley