3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Alternative to RBQ radio for Aux in

Old 05-15-2008, 11:00 AM
codiac
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alternative to RBQ radio for Aux in

My 04 has the Infinity system w/ RBQ. I *don't* want an aftermaket head unit, I want the steering controls to work, I want everything stock, but I want to add an AUX in which the RBQ won't do....what is the best alternative to the RBQ? The RBK? Will any factory radio work w/ the infinity and steering controls? I see the RBK doesn't have RDS...is there one besides the RBQ that does?

Does anyone have one of those PIE (http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piechry02aux.html) things...? Do they work pretty good?

What about Satellite radio.....will the RBK do both the AUX-in connector and Sat. radio if I wanted to add Sat radio down the road?

Old 05-20-2008, 12:02 AM
jstmahoney
Captain
Default RE: Alternative to RBQ radio for Aux in

I got a six cd changer with rds and rbq (one of the stock chrysler ovalones) I also didn't want a aftermarket HU. I found this one on replacementradios.com. It sounds really good and it says it will work with a chryster radio that has a 'mode' button and the 10 pin aux connecter on the back of the stock hucheck it here i'm thinking of getting it too. it also has a plug for XM!

I think there are still a few issues here on Dodge forum here is the link:

http://replacementradios.com/product...roducts_id=509

Old 05-21-2008, 06:09 PM
SmittyRN
Professional

I had one of the adapters made by this company on my last car.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...CHR&tp=120

It worked great; it plugged into the CD Changer input. I had my XM radio and a cable for an iPod or MP3 player. I could switch between the two by using the steering wheel control. Great sound. Every once and a while (like once every few months), my stereo would give me an error message and wouldn't recognize it. I'd have to shut the car off and basicaly reboot the radio, then it would work great. I think that was more of a issue with the stock stereo than anything else.

The description of this makes it sound like it's an iPod adapter only, but if you click on the "hands-on research" tab, you will notice it tells you that you have a secondary input.

"Auxiliary Input: In addition to the iPod input on the PA11-CHR there is an auxiliary input (RCA) for use with another source, such as a DVD system, satellite radio, etc. The aux input is accessed at disc 6 track 1 using the factory radio controls. This aux input can be used with or without the iPod connected."

Old 05-21-2008, 10:00 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There's always the 02-05 RAH, plays mp3 cd's.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Bill_99

I got the PIE system installed in my truck his week. I went with it since I don't have an ipod but a sansa instead. It sounds great and works well. The only problem I see is unlike with modern ipod inputs, it won't control the ipod.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:59 PM
jstmahoney
Captain

I justbought the axxess for 159.99 out the door, Free shipping,on replacement radios. I e-mailed them and they checked to make sure it would work with my 6 cd in dash radio. It has RBQ and RDS.

http://replacementradios.com/product...roducts_id=509

Old 06-28-2008, 04:28 PM
cgb864

I have a 04 Crew with the stock RDS 6-disc and want to use my Ipod Video 60g and be able to use my steering wheel controls.

Whats the latest on each of your Ipod kits? Are yall happy with both the Crutchfield UAS/Spec and or the Axxess?

Old 06-29-2008, 07:29 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

http://www.mopar-accessories.com/en-...p;GroupId=2013

Old 06-29-2008, 10:32 AM
cgb864

thanks Ixman1
didn't see any ipod related although the OEM HUs likely have AUX inputs
since this Doge site only goes back to 05 will the 05 my 04 components be compatable?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alternative to RBQ radio for Aux in