Dodge Nitro The Dodge Nitro is a sporty mid size SUV that bound to turn heads where ever it roams. The Dodge Nitro is one fun ride!

Nitro Wrecked

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 10:33 PM
dakota803
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Wrecked

I purchased a 2007 Dodge Nitro approx 7 months ago it was fully loaded and Electric Blue. On May 6th I was on my way to work when I was hit on the passenger side in the front. This accident was not my fault and it destroyed my Nitro. I loved this vehicle it was an attention grabber and I liked the way it drives. I was not badly hurt in the accident most brusies, however the ram symbol in the steering wheel hit my right hand when the air bag deployed. I now have an unwanted tatoo of a dodge ram on my hand and I am being advised this will be a permit scar. Has anyone else had this problem? I sent a letter to Dodge about this also.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:31 AM
morganmkelly
Professional
Default RE: Nitro Wrecked

Seriously?

Old 05-22-2008, 03:16 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's crazy, a ram logo scar. Better than a regular scar I guess. Look at the bright side, at least you are alive and no body was seriously hurt that's what really matters. The Nitro is replaceable, life is not. Insurance will pay up for it.

I was in an accident back on the 4th, I fell asleep at the wheel and rear ended an Impala on the Highway. Completely my fault. I work midnight shift and didn't get enough sleep like I should have. These things happen when you least expect them to. Sometimes your on the giving end, sometimes the receiving one. I was very lucky in my accident too that I didn't hurt anyone. I learned a lot from the guy I hit, he forgave me and just wanted to look at the positives of things. He is happy with a check for his car even though he could be suing my pants off for whiplash claims or things like that. I don't know whats going on with your accident but I would just be happy everyone is alright that's all that really matters.

Dodge probably won't do anything about the Ram imprint. Is the Nitro totalled out then?

Old 05-22-2008, 09:50 PM
dakota803

yes I have pictures of this and yes the car was totalled out the frame was no just bent it was twisted. The other driver failed to yield right of way she would have hit me head on if I did not try to move she hit me on the right passenger side front. I think God I was not seriously hurt.

Old 05-23-2008, 03:56 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

You should get a check for your Nitro for a pretty good amount. Insurance agencies give you the money based on what they believe the vehicle was worth. They go by their own standards rather than by KBB or NADA.

At least you're okay, and the other person is okay. Even though it is their fault. I am sure they feel pretty badly about it, if they don't they should.

Could have been much worse but it wasn't. Good luck to you.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:03 PM
dakota803

Her insurance is goving me problems the car was purchased new for 28,000 and they are only wanting to give me 19,000 for the vehicle as I stated it was fully loaded. Nationwide had the vehicle towed to a chev dealer to see what the damage was under the hood. They decided it was a total loss and offered me the 19,000 when I did not agree they stated they would have to get an independed apraiser to look at the car and they had it towed two hours away. The appraiser stated the car was worth 24,500 but the insurance company is advise me that I will have to pay for them towing the car around. I do not think that is correct It was there insured fault and she needs to pay for them towing the car give me what my car is worth I am also considering buying it back and selling it on ebay for salvage parts.

Old 05-24-2008, 02:06 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

Find a lawyer and take them to court over it. They wanted to tow it and didn't inform you of any costs associated in doing so. There is no way a Nitro has depreciated that much yet.

You threaten to take them to court then they might start singing a different tune.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:07 AM
dodgebuzz
Amateur

can you post pics?

Name:  l_e69c3505ef42dd4997b4cd861b3e10d7.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  10.3 KB

Old 05-25-2008, 09:38 AM
Jas_Oz

sorry about nitro..but dude...a DODGE SCAR...AWESOME!

Old 07-17-2008, 03:38 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I was gonna say the same thing!

Quick Reply: Nitro Wrecked