1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Front turn signal bulb replacement.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:11 PM
alleyyooper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front turn signal bulb replacement.

2000 Durango rt/ft outer (passanger side) turn signal bulb is burnt out. I need to know how to get the lens/assembly out so I can change the bulbs . Assembly feels sort of loose and I thought maybe it would come right out of some clips but am to chicken to reef on it to see.
Thanks

Al

Old 06-27-2008, 01:59 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
Default RE: Front turn signal bulb replacement.

check tha manual but there should be a couple of (i think) torx head screws that need to be taken out first

Old 07-07-2008, 04:54 PM
alleyyooper

Please mail me your owners manual.
We bought it used and it came with nothing.
Ask a question and be told to read a manual, What is this fourm about any way.

[:@] Al

Old 07-07-2008, 05:48 PM
Durango03
Veteran

Al.

No need to be rude. Some Manuals dont tell you this info. I believe they were telling you to look at manual incase you hadnt already. Had you said, "I dont know how to replace my bulbs since I bought it used and doesnt have a manual." We would have answered accordingly.

Old 07-08-2008, 04:04 AM
MAGIC84
All Star

I got my 03 without a owners manual too, I got it from a Junkyard, complete with manual, full cover, all the warranty info, which is probably outdated, but there anyway. I believe it was about $20, which if you look on e-bay after adding in shipping/handling and price comes out tp pretty close to that. I have found for basic maintenance and everyday driving, the following three items come to mind.
1. Owners manual 2. Haynes Manual 3. Chiltons manual.

I know that the Haynes/Chiltons may seem redundant, but for some repairs, I have found Chiltons has some more in depth text instructions, and photos. If you can only have one I would say the Chiltons though.

Good luck and welcome aboardto the forum.

Steve

Old 07-08-2008, 08:42 AM
alleyyooper

Personally I felt I asked a very exceptable question in the begining.
To be told to read my owners manual I feel is the rude answer by some one just trying to build a post count.
I also noticed that some said they got a manual at a junk yard and still didn't post an answer just a comment about ME being rude.

Like I asked in my second post what is this fourm for?
And yes I did a search here for the answer and googled the net with out results.

[:@] Al

Old 07-08-2008, 11:25 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

i told you that i thought there were two torx screws holding in the bottom part of the headlight houseing, but i suggested checking the manual for exact location and sized of the screws i know that there are two i just dont know where or what size

and i wasnt trying to build a post count, that really doesnt matter for anything i was trying to help i would double check in my own manual, if i could find it its buried somewhere in all the paperwork ive got laying around here you are a new memeber to the forum and when new members come in and start flaming and being rude and disrespectful they are less likely to get answers, especially if they are being rude to someone who has been here a while and has contributed alot to the forum

Old 07-08-2008, 04:45 PM
jeff66
Rookie

On my 02 there is 1 torx screw (T10) on the bottom corner of the headlight toward the outside of the vehicle. I believe this isfor00 thru 03.it isthe only screw you are going to see.Remove it, the the park/turn assembly slides straight out from underneath the headlight. there are 2 slides on the bottom of the headlight assybulb holders turn (counrtclockwise) to removefrom the housing and the bulbs pull straight out of the holders. Look at thefiliment of the bulbs to see if they are broken, if not look at the base of the bulb for corrosion. Sometimes the bases get corroded. Very simple, no manual needed.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:12 AM
alleyyooper

Doesn't matter how many post a person has to give help or recieve help/

Set in my chair at the computer.
I ask a ligit question. for an answer I get some one with a whole bunch of post who says, This guy is to dumb to read a owners manual, Or he is just to lazy.

I don't know how to get the assembly out but I will be rude and tell him to try reading be for asking a stupid question.

If I really had the time I would do a search of your over 3000 post and see just how many times you really did help some one or just add some thing to boost your post counts. But I don't have that kind of time to waste.
Your not really alone doing the countboost thing, On the tractor forum I belong to there are guys. that do that too.

Thank you Jeff 66 for the answer. I already got it fixed. The local libary had a Dodge truck repair manual I borrowwed a week ago.

Now I'm outa here and will look else where for Durango fixes

[:@]Al

Old 07-09-2008, 12:53 PM
jeff66
Rookie

Too bad, there is a lot of info and experience on this site that you are not going to find in any manual, 1st thing anybody attempting to repair their own ride should have is a book. the haynes manual for your ride gives a detailed description on how to change all the bulbs in your ride. The info you was given in my opion was enough to attempt repair. Now this is my honest opinion, you haven't been on this site long enough to know anything about it, if you have a problem you should direct it toward a person in charge of operating this site. That's what I would do, disrespecting others gets nowhere. If you have that much problem with one little screw and one little light bulb, for your own safety and the safety of others you should take your ride to a professional mechanic and have them repair it. No disrespect, but for me to learn I have to listen and understand, not to expect that others are going give me magical answer and tell me exactly what I want to here. Like my late father would tell me RTFB.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front turn signal bulb replacement.