Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2008 Grand Caravan : Catalytic converter NOISE

Old 07-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Kana
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Grand Caravan : Catalytic converter NOISE

Isanyone else having a problem with the catalytic convertor noise? My van sounds as if a gang of two year olds is having a concert with pots and pans under the car when the car is running, and is even worse when the car is stopped after driving! When I went to the dealer I was told " its normal for the car to make noise when its cooling down." If this is true, why doesn't it happen to our Chevy Impala or Nissan Maxima. What can be done about this?

Old 07-09-2008, 05:22 PM
JoeC1981
Professional
Default RE: 2008 Grand Caravan : Catalytic converter NOISE

The converter. will make noise on warm up and cool down. Its the metal and catalyst inside expanding and contracting. Some cars are louder than others and it seems the new 08's are the louder variety. It Dodge gets enough complaints they may change the converter in later models. But, the dealer is correct, this is normal....but annoying.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:24 PM
vegashiker
Default RE: 2008 Grand Caravan : Catalytic converter NOISE

I also have a 2008 Caravan SXT with the 4.0 option. I don't have any noise from the CC.
Car is driven daily in Mojave Desert climate, high temps to 115° F daily over the last week.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:12 PM
jak.novak
Default Jakub

Hi everybody,

I have 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan 4.0L SXT and I have the same problem - irritating pinging noise from the exhaust when cooling down and even when driving. It seems that the noise is coming from exhaust pipes under car. Does anybody think, that exchange of complete exhaust system for some aftermarket or sporty-sound exhaust will fix this problem? My 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3 never did this noise....
I am really disappointed with 2008.... Please let me know..

Thanks,

Jakub
Prague, Czech Republic, Europe
jak.novak@iol.cz

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 Grand Caravan : Catalytic converter NOISE