K-Cars The generation of cars that will forever live in infamy. The glorious K-car.

93 Dodge Shadow

Old 01-24-2005, 03:02 PM
Dodge_Ram_3500
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Dodge Shadow

I think the Shadow is somewhat of a K-Car, so I'am writing this post in here:
I need some help, I'am 15 years old, next year my parents plan to buy a new vehicle, and hand down the 1993 Dodge Shadow to me, I'am saving up money for insurance and parts for the car, because I want to make it look good, but I dont want to look like a ricer, or a show car. Can anyone help me with what sites I should look at for parts?

Old 01-25-2005, 09:18 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 93 Dodge Shadow

Welcome to DF! The Shadow is indeed a K car derivative, so you posted it in the right forum. What engine and transmission are in it? Here area few good sites for parts and info on your Shadow (check out our sponsors here for great deals on parts):

Info: http://www.allpar.com/model/sundance.html

Parts:
http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/
http://www.fwdperformance.com/
http://www.relentlessracing.com/

Old 01-27-2005, 12:20 AM
GTCandGTSturbo
Veteran

If its a 4cyl, which means its a 2.5l, you may want to check out www.thedodgegarage.com. Theres a section there for natuarally asperated cars - might net you a few hp.

Old 02-17-2005, 12:55 PM
kcarwagon
Old 02-21-2005, 01:09 AM
Bassboy
Veteran

I also have a 93 Dodge Shadow, Paid $400 for it about 5 months ago, been a pretty good car other than the peeling paint. I have been looking for some aftermarket parts and have found only 2 choices for bodykits, Which neither of I really care for lol. I want to add some performance to my car but dont know where to really start...I have looked into getting a turbo but am unsure if one will work with the 2.5L. Not sure if there is anything else I can do other than adding a tubro to get more power out of it, If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. (I have changed plugs, wires, and cap/points).

Old 03-01-2005, 06:42 PM
shadowshaman_86

Make sure you have no cracks in the head, all shadows are known for having them. If you catch it early you should be ok but if you you end up with them between each gasket your in for high repairs. I know mine sat for 4 years and I started driving it and you can guess the rest, $700 dollars in repairs and the car is only worth $750.

Old 03-02-2005, 03:33 AM
Bassboy
Veteran

Well went to leave today and my car wouldnt start, so first thing i did was look at the battery meter was around 10-12v it was cranking over but spittin and spuderin like it wasnt getting spark or something. to make a long story short im still unsure what the problem is, i eliminated the problem of fuel pump, and anything that has to do with distributer/spark plugs. while checking the rotor i did realize that the point for cyl #4 wasnt pushed in all the way :\ i know when i changed everything that they were all pushed in tight but it doesnt look to be worn out at all..my dad says he thinks the timing belt may have slipped but it didnt seem loose at all. if anyone else has had any problems similar to this and has a quick fix or anything please let me know.

Old 03-02-2005, 05:15 PM
Bassboy
Veteran

Checked error codes today got Error 36 and 43 each site i look at has different reasons for getting these errors and for error 43 i feel i may have caused due to cylinder #4 not firing for who knows how long My main problems is this: 36
Wastegate Solenoid Circuit{14}

VNT Solenoid No. 3{15}

{14}—Except Turbo III & IV engines.
{15}—Turbo III & IV engines.
they dont say this on that site but: 36* Air switching solenoid circuit (non-turbo) or
wastegate solenoid circuit on turbochared modles.
my question is what is a air switching solenoid? i have googled it but havent found out any info for one in a shadow, nor have i on auto-zones website. if anyone knows anything about this solenoid please let me know asap.
Also the car sounds like its trying to start, i can see fuel going into the throttle body, and have checked spark with a spark tester.

Old 03-04-2005, 01:33 AM
Bassboy
Veteran

today i was checkin the vacuum lines for leaks and cracked one of the T's so i ran to advance and got some new line and T's seeings its so cold out i couldnt really replace the broken line (new line wouldnt form in the cold) so i just repaird the old one for the time being. was really hopin that was the problem but still isnt starting almost had it start maybe 3 times the others it sounds like it wants to but wont would really appreciate some help on this...my dad is bein a *** and wont return my calls so im really SOL unless i bring it to a mechanic which i dont have the money for right now.

Old 03-04-2005, 05:12 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a vacuum line come off once on my Shelby Z and it screwed it up and when I reconnected it it wouldn't start. I had to start it with the line disconnected and slowly put the vacuum line near the hard line it was attached to, pulling it back some when it would almost die. After doing this enough it finally cleared it up and I got it reconnected without killing the car and I have no idea why it was acting that way, but it was eventually good to go once again.[8D]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 93 Dodge Shadow