Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

07 Charger idles rough sometimes?

Old 04-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Scott06HEMI
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Charger idles rough sometimes?

I have an 07 Charger R/T and have noticed lately that sometimes when I stop at a red light, my rpms will drop to about 500 and the car feels like it idles rough. If I tap the gas EVER SO LIGHTLY (doesn't even make the car twitch) the rpms will go up to 700 and stay there and POOF the rough idle is gone. WTF?? Is there a computer update to fix this?

and a seperate issue that could be related...

When I stop sometimes, the car idles down and then when stopped, it gets a little surge for about a second. Then the problem above could start up.

Neither does it all the time so the dealer can't reproduce it to fix it.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:07 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker
Default RE: 07 Charger idles rough sometimes?

Sounds like a computer glitch to me. The dealer should be able to "flash" the computer and get it straight. You might also try something - disconnect the battery for at least 30 minutes, then reconnect it. This might, I say might, reset the car's computer and clear up the problem. It can't hurt, and if it works it's a cheap fix.

dave

Old 04-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Scott06HEMI
Professional

Well I'm sure the dealership is going to say that since I can reproduce it for them to check and it's not throwing a trouble code they can't fix it. Then they will tell me that maybe I need to sped $150 on getting the fuel system cleaned out and maybe that will fix it. Same thing they said a year ago when I brought my wife's car for a surge. "It's probably the fuel system, spend $150 on our fuel system treatment special this month and that will probably fix the problem." on a car with 20k miles?!?! WTF bastards, I went online and found a exact description of what my car was doing and what needed to be done to fix it. I took that back to the dealer and raised hell because they wanted me to spend $150 on something that would not have fixed the problem instead of their lazy a$$es looking on the computer to find the issue.

Sooo, I need to know whats wrong (or have an idea) before going to the dealer with it.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:42 AM
rcoleman

I have a bit of a similar problem that my 06 has had for quite some time. Although mine is not very severe. I know it does it all the time but don't always notice it. If I come to stop at a light it seems o idle just a little rough. If I put it in neutral or Park then back into gear, the idle smooth out.

I'd like to get some feedback before I take it in to the dealer and they want to sell me a fuel system flush or simply charge my $100 to spend 10 minutes looking at it.

Any thoughts?

Old 09-05-2008, 10:10 AM
pebcak2000
Professional

My 2007 Charger R/T does this as well. It will idle rough at a stop light but not always. Also, sometimes the car car will want to lurch forward, feels like someone lightly rearended me. The car drives great and these issues show up once in a while. So this may be a computer issue? How does one get their computer re-flashed?

Old 09-08-2008, 06:36 PM
hemi_cowboy426

The dealership will do a Flash for around 40 to 50 dollars my 06 had a similar problem I flashed with a predator and the problem went away but the updated stock software from the dealership should fix it.

Last edited by hemi_cowboy426; 09-08-2008 at 06:39 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 07 Charger idles rough sometimes?