2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Code P0750 Shift solenoid

Old 11-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Stutz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Code P0750 Shift solenoid

Our 02 Neon showed up with a engine trouble light and the scan showed a P0750 code, which is a shift solenoid. Can anyone tell me if I need to replace the shift solenoid, if so how hard is it and how much should I pay for the unit? I am pretty handy but hate to get internal to the trans if I don't have to. Any advice would be appreciated since this is the daughters car and she is home from college. As such not a lot of bucks floating around. Have a great holiday

Old 11-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Dorin_82
Professional

bump. i'd like to get an answer on this myself.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:11 PM
Stutz

Ok here is the info. I purchase a solenoid for $180. You can get them at Rock auto for about $120 but I was in a hurry and needed one in stock. Here is what you have to do. Remove the air box. There are two bolts holding it in place. Remove the two vacum lines. One is to the PVC valve and the other is near the fender. Remove the two pigtails. Remove the flexible intake hose from the air box. It is held on by a hose clamp. You should now be able to lift the whole air box out of the way. Simply lay it on top of the valve cover. Next step is to remove one of the wiring harnesses plugs. It is the one closest to the passenger side. It has a bolt in the top of it, I think a 9mm size. You will now see two hoses going from the radiator to the transmission. Just below these are the solenoid. Remove the wire plug from the solenoid. It is held on by a clip. Next remove the three 10mm headed bolts from the top of the solenoid. You will have to remove the wire plug from the transmission sensor to get one of the bolts out. Once you have the bolts out, I took a small pry bar and simply loosened the solenoid from the transmission. You should have a pan underneath all this since you will loose a little tranny fluid. Next be very careful and scrape all the old gaskets off. I did this while also holding a wet dry vac against the knife. I did not want any gasket material to go in the trans. There you have it. Simply install in the reverse order. I think all told I took between 30-45 minutes. THis was not a big deal. I did have a code reader though since you will still have to clear the codes. I am not sure if unhooking the battery for a time will clear the codes or not. I had a reader so that is what I did. Good luck.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:47 PM
nickv3d

Does anyone have a picture of exactlly were this is located? Also what is the part # for this part...? P0750 Shift Solenoid

Old 09-09-2009, 12:12 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Right on the front side of the transmission.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:23 AM
nickv3d

Sorry. Is that were it is located on a Dodge Ram 1500 2007? Also were can I get diagrams like this? Whats the going rate on this?
Thank you

Old 09-09-2009, 01:17 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No, this is for 2gn Neons (where you are at). DodgeForum.com > Dodge Cars > Dodge Neon > 2nd Gen Neon

As for the diagrams: they come from the shop manuals. As for the price...I won't charge you this time

Here's for the 2006 Rams. Unless the 07+ had major changes (I don't follow anything besides the Neon), it should work. http://pdftown.com/PDF-Dodge-Ram-200...ce-Manual.html Make sure you use the password on the page too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Code P0750 Shift solenoid