2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

interior lights won't shut off =(

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 11:03 PM
aaronacj
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior lights won't shut off =(

Hi,
I have a problem with my interior lights. Earlier today we drove around in out 2004 Durango with no problems, then tonight for whatever reason the interior lights wont turn off. The trunk light stays on no matter what I do, the lights on the ceiling also stay on. If i press the button they still stay on, they just slightly dim. Ever after 8 mins and the auto headlight shut off the interior lights stay on.

I checked the doors and they are shut, same with the trunk. I messed with the cabin dimmer to see if that was the problem and nothing.

Any help would be fantastic.

Old 12-06-2008, 09:07 AM
HellaciousHemi
Veteran

Well first off, buy a manual. Then look at the wiring schematics, be sure to have a multi-meter on hand also. As for now thats all I know since I have not ran into this before. Post what you find as you try to diagnose and maybe the more info you give, the easier it will be for myself or somebody else to reply with a hopefully close assumption on what to look at. The manual might actually have some diagnosing tips also. Good luck.

Old 12-06-2008, 03:13 PM
aaronacj

went to autozone and had them run the engine code thing and nothing, it came up clear. I am going to call a dealership and have them look at it next.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:40 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Has the recall been done the cluster? You may need to go to the dealer and have the starscan hooked up and ck for open door circuits. You could have a bad cluster.

Old 12-11-2008, 12:28 PM
aaronacj

i haven't had any time the past few days, but when i can i will take it to the dealer and let yall know what was wrong. For now i unpluged the trunk light and the dome lights go off after 8 mins most of the time. I have to check and make sure, if not i have to press the button on the ones that stay on over 8 min and then they go off after 8 mins... i know its wierd.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:40 PM
grydurango
Default lights won't shut off

I have a 2005 Dodge Durango and all of a sudden tonight my lights inside won't shut off. I had to unplug the trunk light and wait for a while and push the dome lights off. The lights won't turn on when the door opens either. Help Please

Last edited by grydurango; 12-15-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:24 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Acording to dodge the interior are to go off after 8 mins with the key off. If the lites stay on then the problem is with the ccn/emic aka cluster.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:33 PM
eaglestorm
Professional

get the recall done #G07 will fix the int light problem

Old 12-18-2008, 12:06 AM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star

This recall, would I be able to take my D to the dealership and have it "fixed"? I haven't had any problems yet, but if there is any type of recall, I'd better jump on it...

Old 12-29-2008, 10:37 AM
grydurango
Default D2 lights won't shut off

I took it to my dodge dealer to have them look at it. It was a recall issuie with the gauge cluster, but they did have to order the parts. It was nothing out of pocket.

My dome lights wouldn't turn on until I started the truck up, then they wouldn't shut off at all. I pulled the 15amp fuse (located at the top of the fuse box) by the left leg kick panel, this controls the dome lights and the lights for your air/heater switches and the lights for the all wheel and 4 wheel drive switch.

Quick Reply: interior lights won't shut off =(