Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Air Bag Light/Sensor?Belt...

Old 12-30-2008, 10:55 PM
qtband
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Bag Light/Sensor?Belt...

I am in the middle of a collision repair on a 2005 Stratus. I have replaced both airbags, controller and the clockspring with used parts that were good. I put a battery in and started the car and the a/b dash light came on. The drivers seatbelt is stuck in the out position. Does this vehicle have seatbelt sensors that affect the a/b light? Do I need to check the impact sensor? If so, where is that!!!??? Any other ideas would be appreciated!
Ken

Old 12-31-2008, 01:19 PM
tomthedog
Captain

haynes states that they are located within the control module to detect g-force for MY '97 and up. there isn't a lot of info in my book, just "take it to the dealer" when lit. you could call an auto parts store to see if they have a scan tool, it should be able to find something. i'll see if i can find anything and post, good luck.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:50 PM
tomthedog
Captain

most of what i found points to the clock spring.

try this site http://www.fixya.com/f/tags/airbag/page-2

hope this helps, let us know

Old 01-03-2009, 10:37 AM
qtband
Amateur

I took the clockspring out of my parts car, which had everything in tact. It just had a bad motor. Are they so sensitive that you can't put in a used one? Will a scan tell me if the clockspring is bad?
Ken

Old 01-25-2009, 04:36 PM
qtband
Amateur

OK. I have replaced everything that (I think) has to do with the Air Bags. Both bags, clockspring, control module, seat belts. The dash light is still on. Will a dealer be able to scan this? The light doesn't flash, it just stays on. Does it take a while to run a test or something? Help!
Ken
qtband

Old 01-25-2009, 05:16 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes dealer scan is about an hour labor $60/$80 it will tell you what is the possible cause , does this have sensors seperate or part of the control module ???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Air Bag Light/Sensor?Belt...