Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Slave cylinder/ clutch master cylinder

Old 01-13-2009, 09:45 PM
YAMAHARIDER5
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slave cylinder/ clutch master cylinder

Ok since i havent been on here in a while i will do a recap of what been goin on with my truck the last six months its been down. Well about six months ago i was intown and went to pull out from the stop light took off went from second to third gear as usuall but when i went to put it in third their was nothing their so i was like oh s*** so i pulled it back and fourth so i limped it home needless to say i had to come up with $3000 bucks to have it rebuild at high gear transmission in memphis tennesse steve the guy at high gear told me reverse gear had come apart along with some other minor thing but it still cost three grand becuase it got a new case main shaft tail housing and shaft and all new bearings seal and syncros yes its a nv5600 so it wasnt cheap at all. along with that i had to replace the front crank seal becuase it had been leakin and i had to replace the harmonic balancer becuase it was coming apart. so along with the trans when i pulled it and inspected the clutch it was toast so i called south bend and their sending me a new free of charge they are awesome people to work with! So as i was running the truck after i had replaced the seal i didnt have the trans back yet so just put the flywheel back on so i could start the truck and i jumped out the clutch pedal switch so i could start it without the use of the clutch so i wouldnt blow out the slave cylinder well their was no leaks from the front seal that was fine but when my dad got to the shop he wanted to start it up so i gave him the keys and the first thing he does is push the clutch in blowing out the slave cylinder. so now i need a new one but im scared of just buying the slace cylinder and not the whole assembly becuase bleeding them is suck a pain in the @ss becuase theirs no bleeder screw or valve. So what would you guys to buy the whole assembly or does anybody know a trick to doing this without getting a ton of air in the system. thanks alot guys

Old 01-13-2009, 11:29 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dodge only sells the slave cylinder and clutch master cylinder as a unit. There is no adjustments or bleeding.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:47 PM
YAMAHARIDER5
Professional

yeah thats what i had figured guess im going to be calling south bend again and order the whole assemby from them thats got a bleeder screw already their

Old 01-17-2009, 11:57 PM
kgn2001

They are messy to bleed. Parts store had slave for about $75 You got to fill it completly removing air in new unit before attaching to tube from master cylinder. I could do it again easy now that I know how it works.

Good luck

Old 01-18-2009, 06:47 PM
YAMAHARIDER5
Professional

well ive decided to just go ahead and replace the unit as a whole so i ordered the whole assembly from dodge for 180.00 bucks man its nice to work at a shop so you get discounts lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Slave cylinder/ clutch master cylinder