4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What is Tip Start

Old 02-20-2009, 04:56 AM
rezonator
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is Tip Start

Just like the header says

been seeing tip start listed as an option, but cant find any info about what it is or what it does

Old 02-20-2009, 07:21 AM
drober30
Veteran

I believe it allows you to turn the key to the crank position then let it go and the engine will continue to crank over until it starts.

Without Tipstart, you would have to hold the key in the crank position until it started then let it go.

I really like this feature but I believe it's standard and not an option.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:37 PM
rezonator
Professional

Thanks

Old 02-26-2009, 04:05 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by drober30
I believe it allows you to turn the key to the crank position then let it go and the engine will continue to crank over until it starts.

Without Tipstart, you would have to hold the key in the crank position until it started then let it go.

I really like this feature but I believe it's standard and not an option.
Yeah, I think it's listed under the standard features section on the sticker. I think this has been around since '07 or sooner?

Old 02-26-2009, 07:34 PM
v8440
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Basically, it's for people too stupid to start a car. In my opinion, that ought to serve as a sort of minimal IQ test that you take every time you want to drive somewhere-if you can't get it to start properly due to operator error, you get your *** out and start walking.

The following users liked this post:
IDon'tGiveARam (02-17-2021)
Old 02-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by v8440
Basically, it's for people too stupid to start a car. In my opinion, that ought to serve as a sort of minimal IQ test that you take every time you want to drive somewhere-if you can't get it to start properly due to operator error, you get your *** out and start walking.
While I somewhat agree with you, it is a nice feature to have. Then again I haven't started my truck from the inside since I bought it, so I guess I haven't really used the tip start yet.

Old 02-10-2016, 04:49 PM
Omni

Lol. I almost pissed myself laughing. Thanks buddy.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:04 PM
Bruce
Professional

Lmao couldn't have said it any better.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:19 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Bahahaha!

Old 02-12-2016, 03:42 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I know this is an oooooold thread that's been bumped, but I must say, there were two features on my 2008 Dodge Ram that were new to me that I absolutely loved.

1) Tip Start
2) 3 blinker directional with just a quick tap of the stalk

Tip start also allows aftermarket RS systems to be install and never fail to start your truck! I've had many fail to starts with my Subaru, but never not one time with my tip start Ram.
Plenty of times I have slipped turning key and truck starts or when it's super cold out, your timing isn't just right. We all get used to how long it takes and we time ourselves without even realizing it.

Admit it, you would use a toilet that cleans your *** if you had a house with one already installed. Don't lie. hahahaha

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is Tip Start