3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2003 ram a/c problem,blower,help

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 08:02 PM
bosanci28
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 ram a/c problem,blower,help

i have my 2003 dodge ram 4 dr v8
and my a/c inside cab blower is not pushing air ,, at high spped,,
it works ,,,but not okay,,very litlle air is blowing inside,,

i go from the low to high it works ,,but the fans it looks that is going slow and then pickups litlle at high and that all

i have check the a/c and is filled full,,and the pipe is cold!,

and other thing,, when i put to max i can hear big wind noise under the dash at passager side,, the big black box under the dash ,,im thinking that something is not opening inside,maybe stock,,or broken,,

any advice on this will appreciate,,
thanks

Old 04-20-2009, 09:22 PM
tafet
Professional

How does everything work if you run the vent or heat? Does the fan then work correctly?
I know that these trucks have known issues with the blend doors, but if that was the problem you would probably just have heat. I beleive there is another door for the ac somewhere by the heater core. I don't have my laptop with the manual for my truck or I'd try to look it up. Maybe someone else will chime in with the correct name. Could also be the blower motor going bad..

Old 04-20-2009, 10:48 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like the resistor block, but could be the blend door. Can you hear the fan change speed through all four settings? Hope it's the resistor block -- easier to change and maybe cheaper, too.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:25 PM
jpk5930
Default Recirc door

In case it's relevant, I had all fan noise, not much air on my 2006. I took out the glove box to have a look-see (no tools required...BONUS!) and shined a light up to see through the plastic grating that I had no air recirc door. I commenced to break off the worthless grate and reached down to find it laying in the bottom of the box, preventing the fan from doing it's job. I pulled it out, and now have all kinds of air, just can't shut off outside air until I get a new door.

For you, maybe the problem can be found by going in like I did and making sure the door is in place, doesn't move when you press a pencil against it, etc.

Check out heatertreater.net for a video series that details all the various blend doors and troubleshooting. 3 vids, 6-7 mins each. Well worth the time!

Quick Reply: 2003 ram a/c problem,blower,help