Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

P code 1682

Old 04-29-2009, 10:16 PM
RossOlson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P code 1682

I have a 2003 dodge ram van 1500 5.9L with p code 1682, anybody know what it is?

Thanks,
Ross

Old 05-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

P1682 (Chrysler) Charging System Voltage Too Low. Check your alternator output. Alternator may be on its way out. The voltage regulation in our systems is part of and controlled by the PCM.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:49 AM
RossOlson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mobile Auto Repair
P1682 (Chrysler) Charging System Voltage Too Low. Check your alternator output. Alternator may be on its way out. The voltage regulation in our systems is part of and controlled by the PCM.

Thanks, I just bought it. In my contract the promised to fix it. I did finally find a web page that listed the codes. They checked and tightned everything down and everything checks out fine, the light hasn't come back on. Either the battery was low enough or a bad connection somewhere along the line may have cuased the problem. I had an 01 jeep that would have a similar problem. On the jeep I changed out a battery cable and that fixed the problem. The van only has 50K on it and the battery looks new and the alternator "SHOULDN'T" fail at this point. We will see.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: P code 1682