4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Back Up Camera And Nav?

Old 06-18-2009, 01:40 PM
VALKDRYVER
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back Up Camera And Nav?

I have been reading a little about the back up camera on the forum and it has struck my interest. I have a '09 Laramie with everything but the back up camera and the nav (gps) are both of these items something that I can add, or just the back up camera? If I cannot add the nav, my window mount gps will do just fine. To add the back up camera I just call my dealer and ask them to get one ordered (if the price is right) and ask them to install it (if the price is right) and that is all I need to do? If the nav is possible, do I do the same thing?

Thanks,
Arlo

Old 06-18-2009, 02:34 PM
Secret Agent Man
Captain

To add nav you will need to purchase a RER radio. Ebay might be cheaper than the dealer. You can also buy a back up camera package from the dealer, but they are on backorder. Good luck.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:18 PM
bjk112

If you upgrade to the NAV can you also find all the speakers to isntall the alpine system?

Old 06-18-2009, 10:06 PM
lross78550
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just go here you can buy the RER nav radio and a lockpick that will let you easily add an aftermarket backup camera like this one

here is the site with the factory nav and accessories

http://www.oemautopartsco.com/index....ec326ace45e7ff

Lee

Old 06-19-2009, 10:40 AM
B.Kaiser1
Rookie

Originally Posted by lross78550
just go here you can buy the RER nav radio and a lockpick that will let you easily add an aftermarket backup camera like this one

here is the site with the factory nav and accessories

http://www.oemautopartsco.com/index....ec326ace45e7ff

Lee
Who makes the licenses plate frame? Do you have a hyperlink?

Old 06-19-2009, 04:45 PM
lross78550
Professional

I found it about $60 cheaper than this but i dont remember where and im not on my computer that has the invoice. This company boyo makes a lot of different models of camera both license plate and other types. anyway here is a link to an online vendor who has the exact model number i bought.
thanks
Lee
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...+-CHROME-.html

Old 06-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Phil Des 09laramie
Rookie

I got the call today that my cam came in, its getting installed monday.
I was expecting a longer wait as 95 or so were on BO in canada, it took about 3 weeks.
You need either the RER(nav) or REN(non nav) radio in order to have the factory cam installed

Last edited by Phil Des 09laramie; 06-19-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:24 PM
Secret Agent Man
Captain

I found it about $60 cheaper than this but i dont remember where and im not on my computer that has the invoice. This company boyo makes a lot of different models of camera both license plate and other types. anyway here is a link to an online vendor who has the exact model number i bought.
thanks
Lee
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...+-CHROME-.html
Do you have this license plate frame camera installed on your truck? I'm curious if the bumper limits your vision at all since the license plate is recessed into the bumper. Please let me know if you can. Thanks!

Old 06-20-2009, 12:11 AM
lross78550
Professional

Originally Posted by Secret Agent Man
Do you have this license plate frame camera installed on your truck? I'm curious if the bumper limits your vision at all since the license plate is recessed into the bumper. Please let me know if you can. Thanks!
I have the camera installed and the cable run all nice and neat from the camera all the way thru the firewall and into the cab under the dash. I havent plugged it into the RER yet as i will have to take the RER out to hook up the amplifier and i figured i would plug the camera in then. I started on this today and will be finished by sunday (maybe tomorrow)
see my post at
http://www.cngmail.com/startingampinstall.html

as soon as im done i will put the truck in reverse and take a picture of the screen so you can see exactly what i see. I should have your picture sunday latest.
Thanks
Lee

Old 06-20-2009, 11:14 AM
Secret Agent Man
Captain

I have the camera installed and the cable run all nice and neat from the camera all the way thru the firewall and into the cab under the dash. I havent plugged it into the RER yet as i will have to take the RER out to hook up the amplifier and i figured i would plug the camera in then. I started on this today and will be finished by sunday (maybe tomorrow)
see my post at
http://www.cngmail.com/startingampinstall.html

as soon as im done i will put the truck in reverse and take a picture of the screen so you can see exactly what i see. I should have your picture sunday latest.
Thanks
Lee
That would be perfect! Good luck with the install. Thank you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Back Up Camera And Nav?