2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

2008 avenger uconnect

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 07:00 PM
azavenger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2008 avenger uconnect

I am looking fo rthe factory parts I need to get the factory version of uconnect. I have a am/fm 1 disc with Sat radio and the phone buttons but I dont want to add more to the dash I want to work the phone through the radio. Can anyone help

Old 06-15-2009, 07:36 PM
DESIREESAVENGER
Rookie

You need a hands free module kit. I put one in my wifes avenger. You will need a dealer to update the vehicle build configuration after you put it in. I did mine myself cause I work for a dealer.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:59 AM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by DESIREESAVENGER
You need a hands free module kit. I put one in my wifes avenger. You will need a dealer to update the vehicle build configuration after you put it in. I did mine myself cause I work for a dealer.
what all exactly do you need or is it a kit, does it come with the mirror with mics etc.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:32 PM
AlandMe
Cool How to activate voice recognition in 2008 Avenger??

We have not been able to activate the voice recognition in our car... We paired our phones to the Uconnect system and can place calls, but the other party cannot hear us...we can hear them tho. We cannot get the voice recognition to respond to our commands for any of the systems...radio, phone, etc. We are following the directions, in the manual and have tried all that we can think of. Any advice out there?? Thanks! And, by the way, we have the option...

Old 07-24-2009, 02:42 AM
Crashaholic

AlandMe, have you upgraded any part of the Mygig(Uconnect) system?? Or is the entire system untouched and factory???

Old 08-01-2009, 12:14 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by azavenger
I am looking fo rthe factory parts I need to get the factory version of uconnect. I have a am/fm 1 disc with Sat radio and the phone buttons but I dont want to add more to the dash I want to work the phone through the radio. Can anyone help
Here ya go

http://www.mopar-accessories.com/en-...=2082&pc=45611

Old 08-04-2009, 11:12 PM
davb673
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AlandMe
We have not been able to activate the voice recognition in our car... We paired our phones to the Uconnect system and can place calls, but the other party cannot hear us...we can hear them tho. We cannot get the voice recognition to respond to our commands for any of the systems...radio, phone, etc. We are following the directions, in the manual and have tried all that we can think of. Any advice out there?? Thanks! And, by the way, we have the option...
Yep, I think the voice recognition is poor. Ours cannot figure out what I am trying to say nor who I want to call. My wife always punches the number in on her phone... The microphone and speakers work fine though. We had the dealer install ours. A little pricey, but worth it. They had to pull the whole dash out to install it!

Old 08-11-2009, 08:46 PM
DESIREESAVENGER
Rookie

You don'thave to pull the dash to install the kit.

Old 08-16-2009, 03:40 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Just the center bezel where the radio is. Our dealer installed, Mopar unit in our Caliber works fine as does the factory installed unit in my 08 Ram.

Quick Reply: 2008 avenger uconnect