2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Electronic Throttle Control Light

Old 12-11-2006, 10:23 AM
1BADHEMI
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronic Throttle Control Light

Has anyone had their ETC warning light come on while driving then go out and not come back on after restart. Yesterday it came on while on the freeway and started acting differently when the accelerator was pressed. I pulled off on the side of the road, shut off the engine, then started it back up and the light went off. Also, the engine light came on with the ETC light and that has since turned off too. Could it be because it is electronic & when I restarted the engine it reset or corrected itself?

Old 12-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Hemi4wheeling
Rookie
Default RE: Electronic Throttle Control Light

Your throttle pedal is electronic and not controled by cables anymore. So there is sensor that sense's what postion your throttle body needs to be opened or closed. The sensor probably needs to be replaced. The whole pedal assembly will have to come out and be replaced as it is all one unit. They are easy to take out. I learned about these at the SRT Track Expereince when the Charger that I was driving stopped having so much go and the ETC light came on. They showed us how to replace them and told us that they have to replace them all the time and keep them in stock due to people mashing the pedal. It is all plastic and you don't have to mash these like the old system. You can try resetting the ETC as well. Place you vehicle in the run position without starting and depress the gas pedal and release all in 2 seconds (1 down and 1 up). You should hear a confirmation "ding" if done correctly and you have know reset the sensor to know when you have open throttle.

You are still safe to drive your vehicle but you need to get it fixed or you are not going to get good performance.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:41 PM
1BADHEMI
Rookie

Thanks for the information. I'll try resetting it tonight

Old 01-05-2007, 12:06 PM
ddaniels

I just had this problem with 56K on my 2004 Durango Hemi SLT. It turned out that the airflow was being blocked and the whole assembly had to come off the truck and be cleaned/rebuilt. It cost me $200 but was well worth it. My fuel mileage increased by about 4 mpg. The dealer said because it was reading no air it was running richer to compensate for the problem. Anyway, I think the whole thing was caused by the airfilter not being changed for the first 48K miles. NOT ME! Long story! Has to do with the X wife and buying this vehicle for her which I'm now stuck with. Anyway, good luck. Oh, in addition to the ETClight I was getting soft codes for Air Flow. Hope this helps.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:13 PM
2005REDRANGO

Alright mine has been doing this every few days. How much was the sensor? I think I am going to have to fix it this weekend. On top of that every couple weeks I have to resolder the keyless entry.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:10 AM
Magnum 5.7

I have the 2005 Magnum 5.7 L, theis ETC light came on this morning, my car started up and i got raedy to pull off and it wouldn't excelerate. I turned turned the car back off and restarted and now it won't start.Now the ETC light is flashing. Can someone tell me what the problem is and is it a simple fix?

Old 03-26-2010, 03:37 AM
rios280974
Default Etc light turned on way back vegas

ME AND MY WIFE HAVE HAVE TAKEN THE OUR DODGE CALIBER EVERYWHERE CALIFORNIA, DENVER, 3 TIMES TO VEGAS AND HAD NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. ON OUR WAY BACK FROM VEGAS THE ETC LIGHT TURNED ON 15MILES AWAY FROM HOME WE HAD NO IDEA WHAT IT WAS CUZ MY WIFE LOST THE MANUAL SO WE GOT TO MY SISTERS AND LOOKED AT HERS (SHE HAS THE SAME CAR) ANYWAYS SAW IT WAS THE ETC LIGHT AND IT WAS BLINKING AND LOST ITS POWER WE WERE SCARED TO TURN IT OFF IN CASE IT LEFT US ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD. SO WHEN WE GOT HOME I TURNED OF THE START IT BACK IT RAN LIKE IT BEFORE AND THE LIGHT HAS NOT TURNED BACK ON... DO YOU THINK I SHOULD TAKE IT IN??? SORRY FOR THE LONG..... STORY

Old 03-26-2010, 01:37 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I would replace the sensor,
FF

Old 01-26-2011, 08:35 PM
oznext

My 5.7 stalls after driving long time (gas pedal on an off, normal use) but i havent get this issue while using cruise control, i guess it is becouse the electronic pedal is not used when in cruise control ,i dont get codes after stalling, could this also be a pedal sensor?, please give me any davise

Old 09-27-2012, 10:29 PM
monkdeth

2005 dodge magnum RT 5.7 hemi - etc issue can't drive around the block, cleaned throttle body and replace pedal sensor assembly same issue.

Recent codes after work are....P0522 P0642 P2122

ANY IDEAS?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Electronic Throttle Control Light