1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

turn signal problem

Old 09-16-2009, 06:38 PM
BIG_98D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb turn signal problem

a couple weeks ago i noticed the rear passenger side turn signal went out on my 98 D, i have put off fixing it and now no turn signals work at all on either side. when i turn them on all i get is a buzzing sound from inside the dash to the left of the speedometer...anyone know what might be causing this?

Old 09-16-2009, 09:18 PM
schusterjo
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum, well ur turn signal relay probably is bad.

The combination flasher is located in the relay and fuse block which is located on the back of the junction block near the dash panel under the left end of the instrument panel

Basically strait up from where the emergency brake is

Old 09-16-2009, 10:40 PM
GxyDurango

I had the same problem a year ago. Got a new flasher from Auto Zone, cheap. It is on the back side of the fuse box. You have to go after it from under the drivers side dash. A little hard to get my fat hand up there but I didn't have to remove anything to change it out. 5 minute fix!

Old 09-16-2009, 11:40 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

On a 1998 it is located in the fuse panel. Open the door on the drivers side and open the fuse panel. There is a relay located by the fuses that you pull out and replace with a new multi-functional flasher switch. You can pick them up at Auto Zone or your favorite auto parts store. The direct location it between the head light switch and the E-brake handle on the outside of the dash is the access door.

Here is the back side of my fuse panel:

Name:  100_2878.jpg
Views: 22555
Size:  127.9 KB

The one you want is not listed because it only lists fuses. It does not list relays but it is under #23 I think. It is the lowest black relay on the left in the panel.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:38 AM
BIG_98D

thanks for the suggestions. i found the relay under the dash behind the fuse box....what exactly is the part that i need called so i know what to ask for when i go to buy a new one?

Old 09-19-2009, 12:00 PM
schusterjo
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

turn signal relay
combination flasher

Old 09-19-2009, 01:23 PM
BIG_98D

Thanks!!!!!!

Old 09-22-2009, 01:52 PM
BIG_98D

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
On a 1998 it is located in the fuse panel. Open the door on the drivers side and open the fuse panel. There is a relay located by the fuses that you pull out and replace with a new multi-functional flasher switch. You can pick them up at Auto Zone or your favorite auto parts store. The direct location it between the head light switch and the E-brake handle on the outside of the dash is the access door.

Here is the back side of my fuse panel:

The one you want is not listed because it only lists fuses. It does not list relays but it is under #23 I think. It is the lowest black relay on the left in the panel.
THANKS A TON!!!!! it was in the slot you mentioned. i turned on the turn signal and felt it for vidration, sure enough that was the one that needed fixed. i pulled it and put it back in and everything is working fine. i will drive it the way it is and see if it stays working or goes back out and needs replaced. bad thing is every parts store i call either doesnt carry the part or has no clue what i am talking about. autozone says they have a multi function flasher that they would have to compare to mine to see if it would work, but like i said, after unplugging and plugging it back in it is working so i'll drive till it quits again lol

Old 09-22-2009, 10:34 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Glad to see you got it!

Here is the part number at Auto Zone.
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/cat...&parentId=57-0

Blazer / Hazard Warning Flasher
Part Number:
FL27

Old 09-23-2009, 11:47 AM
BIG_98D

thanks again! i bookmarked that so i would have it for refrence if i end up needing to replace mie. i didnt even know you could look up parts on autozones website like that, pretty hand tool

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: turn signal problem