Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

how to disable SKIM/Immobilizer ??

Old 10-15-2009, 09:41 AM
ice.v8
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to disable SKIM/Immobilizer ??

hello, i have a problem, my 2003 cummins 2500 doesn't start! i have the VTSS light staying on so it's a skim/immobilizer problem...
does someone know how to remove/disable the skim ? i don't want problem again...
thanks a lot.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Coal Train
All Star

Has to be done by the dealer.

What did you do that caused it.

Probably not a good idea to post in the open how to disable the anti-theft devices.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:37 AM
ice.v8

wrong bullydog programmer i think... it was working all right, i installed bullydog triple dog and after this skim was out...
try to remove and reinstall bullydog and all seem to go ok but truck doesn't start and VTSS light always on...

dealer can solve my problem ?

Old 10-16-2009, 08:56 AM
lesimon
Professional

While I was installing my remote start on my 05 ram diesel, If I remember correctly the Skim/Skreem interface modual will allow the the engine to start for very short time and then shut down. If this is true your problem is probably not the Skim/Skreem module if the truck does not turn over and fire up briefly.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:35 PM
12valveman
Professional

if you try to start a few times then die after a few times it reverts to no crank on skim systems. did ur bullydog system just clear out key codes that were programmed? and work at dealer and have never been able to disable skim skreem system if built with it it has it. sorry ! probably lost key codes tho have had many towed here that after chip installed or removed they blow the key codes out tis life!!!

Old 10-16-2009, 05:13 PM
Coal Train
All Star

Man, I wish i had a dollar for everytime a Bully Dog product has jacked up an ECM.

I hate to say it, but it has to go to the dealer.

"Hopefully" it didn't do what I've seen Bully Dog's cause on other trucks......it has fried the security module and it's had to be replaced.....to the tune of ~$2000.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:59 PM
pizzo
All Star

First you have the outlook and triple dog on the truck.
don't the outlook have its own program then the triple dog have its own.
I have the triple dog. I don't have any troubles with it. mostly because i don't have the outlook.
If you load both programs that might be the cause of your troubles.

Have you tried removing both setting to stock then see what it does it may not do anything it has already fried what ever it fried. just take the programmers off and out of truck before you take it to dealer so they can read the computer.
Even though I have Bully dog on MY truck. You should have bought Edge with juice. I know the outlook looks COOL but still.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:03 AM
12valveman
Professional

agree with you CoalTrain i would be on the way to becoming richer not rich just not as poor

Old 10-17-2009, 10:27 PM
pizzo
All Star

Originally Posted by 12valveman
agree with you CoalTrain i would be on the way to becoming richer not rich just not as poor
I really wonder if its the outlook. If its just me I have seen only troubles with just the outlook on the trucks weather its ford chevy or dodge it seems its all over with just the outlook being installed. I'm not saying that BD stuff the best but i myself have not had any troubles. But when i upgrade my truck then i won't have BD on it. I am still undecided what i am running.

Old 06-13-2017, 03:26 PM
Jean Connor
Default Skim

Originally Posted by ice.v8
wrong bullydog programmer i think... it was working all right, i installed bullydog triple dog and after this skim was out...
try to remove and reinstall bullydog and all seem to go ok but truck doesn't start and VTSS light always on...

dealer can solve my problem ?
understand your problem . Our truck ,06 diesel dodge would run 3 seconds and quit. Had it towed to dealer. Dealer said skim faulty. Approx cost skim 180.00, labor approx 320.00. One other thing , we bought a service policy at 2300.00 those people promptly said they did not cover that repair. I do see why you'd like to disconnect that part. If your towing a trailer and are 200 miles from anywhere this breakdown is most untimely. Dodge company must do better. These are expensive vehicles and need to be more reliable.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how to disable SKIM/Immobilizer ??