2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Heater only blows on High....

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 01:21 AM
TheIrish
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater only blows on High....

My heater only blows on high...None of the other settings work... I have read somewhere else that odds are the switch is going bad because the voltage isn't getting regulated properly. Is this so? And is so where is a good place to online to purchase a new switch or if I have to go the the dealership what kinda of prices do I expect to pay...

Old 12-03-2009, 07:38 AM
moparama
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not possitive but i dont think its the switch. I think there is a ceramic resistor thingy somewhere that may be bad. had that prob in and 89 ram i had

Old 12-03-2009, 10:06 AM
CappinHoff
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's the switch look at a junk yard for one. Beware it might be bad as well. Also LMC truck has factory replacement switches for a fraction of the cost from dealer.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:34 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

it sound like the blower motor resister

The blower motor resistor is mounted to the heater-A/C housing, under the instrument panel and just inboard of the blower motor. It can be accessed without removing any other components.

REMOVAL
  1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
  2. Unplug the blower motor resistor wire harness connector.
  3. Remove the screws that secure the resistor to the heater-A/C housing.
  4. Remove the blower motor resistor.
To test the blower motor resistor, unplug the resistor wire harness connector. Each blower motor switch input terminal on the resistor must have continuity to the resistor output terminal, which is connected to the circuit going to the blower motor. If the blower motor resistor continuity does not check OK, replace the faulty resistor.

Quick Reply: Heater only blows on High....