2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2001 dodge dakota 4x4 problems tccm

Old 12-09-2009, 02:11 AM
dakotajohn2009
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 dodge dakota 4x4 problems tccm

Ok fellas,I have a 2001 dodge dakota quad cab with a 4.7. I changed the tccm out today,before i had no service 4x4 light or no lights on switch and now i have service 4x4 light and when i turn the ignition switch on.all the lights on the switch light up then go off then the service 4x4 light up and the lights on the 4wd selector switch seem to be on but very very dim.i took it to a mechanic shop to have it scanned and it said communication error or encoder error i cant remember know but any way the idiot that did it put my transfer case in 4 lo and cant get it out he said he didnt know how he even got it there.so if anyone can help please i cant even drive my truck now.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:07 PM
dakotajohn2009
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well what happened to me in the first place is i bought a hoppy trailer light kit for the truck and hooked it up and when i pluged in my trailer the service 4x4 and brake lights came on i un hooked the battery and then had nothing no service 4x4 when key turned on or lights on the switch.i change the tccm and then that happened.i went out today and messed around with it ifound that when i unhooked the mode sensor on the transfercase that i must off done something to it cause i had my son in the truck while i messed with the wires and boom it worked the 2wd light came on he switched it to 4 hi and it shifted.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 dodge dakota 4x4 problems tccm