3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2nd Day Owner - Lots of questions - RKE, Controls, Seatbelt Light, etc

Old 01-22-2010, 06:34 PM
ZoomStop
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd Day Owner - Lots of questions - RKE, Controls, Seatbelt Light, etc

OK, first off I just purchased a 02 Ram 1500 Quad Plus yesterday. It is nice and I am loving it so far. It has a custom hood that just makes the whole thing look great! I paid $8,800 for it and it has 101k miles for those interested. But I have some questions / problems:

1. It has power everything but I did not get a key fob for the RKE. So a quick eBay search shows them for around $15. But how can I confirm the truck even has RKE? I have requested the build list but the link the this forum I found was broken so I am not sure I put it in at the right place.

2. OK, so assuming I have RKE and I get a fob, must I dealer program? The reason I ask is the electronic doo-hickey on the ceiling of the truck under settings has a "Teach RKE Fob" or something to that effect. So can the truck program or do I need to take the fob to a dealer.

3. The red seat belt indicator never goes off. Any tips on kicking off the trouble shooting on that?

4. The heated seats do not work at all. No heat and the toggles do not light up in any way when I mess with them. I checked the fuse and it is OK. I found all kinds of info on flashing lights, but what about no lights?

FIXED: 5. Lastly, the driver side window and lock cluster seems to be trying to fall into the door. As it is it is kinda a pain to adjust the mirrors. Is this easy to get into? What part is broken that is causing this.

Sorry if some of these are dumb questions but I am a new owner. I do not have a manual but I downloaded the 2004 one from Dodge to get by on for now.

PS: Pic of my new baby/toy:
http://www.tomhazel.com/wp-content/u...View4small.jpg

Last edited by ZoomStop; 01-23-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:39 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

#5 Mine does that, a clip that holds the cluster in place breaks, just pop off the door cover and duct tape it in place.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:25 PM
1LowRam
Professional

Dodge plastics suuuuck btw. Have you check the harnesses under the seats for teh heated seats and seatbelt light? Prob all the same harnesses.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:50 AM
ZoomStop

Well #5 has been fixed then.Sort of a ghetto rig but I don't mind the way it looks. If it gets to bother me over time I can just go buy a new top plate:
Name:  LockFix.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  30.7 KB

Old 01-23-2010, 09:52 AM
ZoomStop

For #3 I found a loose plug floating around.I found the other end underneath the center seat sections. It looks pretty wedged in there like it didn't belong. So I rerouted the wires and plugged them together. It seems right but the F'ing little red man persists so I guess there is still more problems.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:30 AM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker

Well congrats on the truck. Hanging around here, you will learn how to spend all your money on your truck, and turn it into everything you want it to be.

As far as your problems go, I cant be any help, lol... good luck though.

Old 01-24-2010, 04:59 AM
Kamel87
Professional

that part for the plastic is 25 dollars at the dealer the same piece for the passanger side is 27 ty dodge for charging 2 dollars more for a penny for of plastic more

Old 01-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Dawizman
Rookie

#5. My 2500 had the same issue. I pulled it out and used some 5-minute epoxy to glue the plastic back together. It has held together for the past six months now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2nd Day Owner - Lots of questions - RKE, Controls, Seatbelt Light, etc