Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Rear wiper blade replacement

Old 01-21-2010, 11:53 AM
jeff618
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Rear wiper blade replacement

You don't have to go to the dealer for a replacement rear wiper blade on the Dodge Journey. The rear wiper blade can be replaced and its actually quite simple. It's a special rear wiper blade though. The "Trico Exact Fit Rear Integral Blade" snaps right onto the special rear arm and looks like the factory original. You can find it online. Much cheaper than the dealer alternative and easier/less tedious than messing around with rubber blade refills. Comes with removal and replacement instructions too. Hope this helps.

Old 01-22-2010, 04:14 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

REAR

1. Lift the rear wiper arm pivot cap (2) upward to allow the rear wiper blade to be raised off of the glass.

NOTE: The rear wiper arm cannot be raised to its over-center hinge position unless the pivot cover is raised first.
2. Lift the rear wiper arm to its over-center hinge position to raise the wiper blade and element off of the liftgate glass.

3. To remove the wiper blade (1) from the wiper arm (3), grasp the end of the blade nearest to the motor output shaft, then over-rotate it out from under the arm and past its stop far enough to unsnap the blade pivot pin (2) from the receptacle (4) on the end of the arm.
4. Gently lower the tip of the wiper arm onto the glass.

Hope this helps you.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:01 AM
coopab

On my 2003 Grand Caravan I tried swapping my rear wiper blade for an expensive $18 blade that seemed designed to fit the curvature of the rear windshield but it was no better than the cheaper blade it replace. It lifts off the window at a couple of places. Is that a design flaw or is there a workaround?

Old 06-20-2010, 01:35 PM
Rango-Gal

I was wondering if these rear wiper replacement instructions would for the for the 06 Durango as well ?

Old 06-21-2010, 11:25 AM
jeff618
Amateur
Arrow Journey, Durango & Grand Caravan Rear Wiper Install Videos

Originally Posted by jeff618
You don't have to go to the dealer for a replacement rear wiper blade on the Dodge Journey. The rear wiper blade can be replaced and its actually quite simple. It's a special rear wiper blade though. The "Trico Exact Fit Rear Integral Blade" snaps right onto the special rear arm and looks like the factory original. You can find it online. Much cheaper than the dealer alternative and easier/less tedious than messing around with rubber blade refills. Comes with removal and replacement instructions too. Hope this helps.
Dodge Journey Rear Wiper Replacement Video: http://www.tricoproducts.com/Trico2/...2_ExactFit.swf

These take the Exact Fit 12-A

Originally Posted by coopab
On my 2003 Grand Caravan I tried swapping my rear wiper blade for an expensive $18 blade that seemed designed to fit the curvature of the rear windshield but it was no better than the cheaper blade it replace. It lifts off the window at a couple of places. Is that a design flaw or is there a workaround?
With the newer-style beam blades some are too stiff for the rear application. You may want to look into NeoForms which are not too stiff and normally work well on both curved and flat glass.

Originally Posted by Rango-Gal
I was wondering if these rear wiper replacement instructions would for the for the 06 Durango as well ?
2004+ Dodge Durango Rear Wiper Replacement Video: http://www.tricoproducts.com/Trico2/...actFitCRev.swf

These take the Exact Fit 14-C

Hope this clears things up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear wiper blade replacement