1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Where Do I Start?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 04:57 PM
josh1kyu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where Do I Start?

I am sixteen, i have my first car, a 96 dodge avenger 2.0, and my first job. i want to start putting parts in my car. i get my paycheck today and was wondering, what are some cheap and easy upgrades to do. my budget is roughly $50 dollars a week with gas taken out. i already know some simple stuff, like a high flow exhaust, cold air intake, plugs and wires, but i would like some more ideas

Old 05-03-2007, 05:07 PM
Schrum
Default RE: Where Do I Start?

A good site for internals for the 2.0 420a is www.420a.cimotorsports.net. Start saving and throw some cams andcam gears in it after you have finished with the basics. This is the same engine as a 1995-1999Eclipse GS, so a bored throttle body from eBay should fit. But if you search for Eclipse performance, keep in mind that the GS-T and GSX engines are a completelydifferent 2.0L engine.

Old 05-03-2007, 08:03 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: Where Do I Start?

Good info Schrum.
There's also a resource list at the top of this forum. It has links for goodies you may want to put on as you save up.
Welcome to DF Josh.

Quick Reply: Where Do I Start?