1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

98 avenger radio speaker wiring

Old 11-26-2014, 12:42 PM
eishiba
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 avenger radio speaker wiring

I am currently putting a new radio in my 98 avenger because the stock radio doesn't have any aux input and the tape player doesn't work so I can't use a tape adapter. I went out and bought a Dual xdm260 from walmart. I used modifiedlife.com to tell me the wiring for the car. Now keep in mind the previous radio did work, all but the tape player. This isn't the first time I put in a radio. When I install them I splice in the ground first and then the power and acc wires. Then I make sure the radio comes on in the first place and let it play while I hook up the speakers. When you do this, you can hear the scratching noise through the speakers when you bump wires and such. I spliced all the wires according to the instruction book's wires and I had no sound. The radio came on but none of the speakers had sound. I never even got that scratchy noise through the speakers. I went and exchanged the radio for the same radio and hooked it up and it is the same way. Could there be something wrong with my speakers now? I would find that hard to believe since when I went to walmart to get a radio the first time I was driving home listening to a cd in the cd player which does work on the old radio. Another question is, according to modifiedlife.com I have an "infinity" avenger. On the site there are two different wiring color set ups, one for the infinity version and one for the one that isn't an infinity and the coloring for the wires are completely different. What is an infinity? Any answers or thoughts are appreciated.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:32 PM
simmonsfr
Professional

Infinity units have an amp in the trunk. They sound really good because they have clear stereo separation. I decided to keep mine and feed it with a wireless fm transmitter. I put all my music on an sd card and send the signal to my radio through fm. See the link below. I read if you install a new unit, you will lose you dash speakers unless you bypass the amp.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Red-LCD-Remote-Car-Kit-MP3-Player-Wireless-FM-Transmitter-USB-SD-MMC-/390660272762?pt=US_FM_Transmitters&hash=item5af52ab27a

Old 11-27-2014, 12:31 AM
eishiba

Originally Posted by simmonsfr
Infinity units have an amp in the trunk. They sound really good because they have clear stereo separation. I decided to keep mine and feed it with a wireless fm transmitter. I put all my music on an sd card and send the signal to my radio through fm. See the link below. I read if you install a new unit, you will lose you dash speakers unless you bypass the amp.

New Red LCD Remote Car Kit MP3 Player Wireless FM Transmitter USB SD MMC | eBay

So I'm trying to understand this. There is an amplifier in my trunk? Thats new. o.O

So if I wire a new unit into the car Ill have to wire everything to the amp?

Old 11-29-2014, 01:27 PM
simmonsfr
Professional

Verify that you have an amp. Some have bypassed the amp. Some try to use it.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:02 AM
simmonsfr
Professional

What's the status of your radio?

Old 01-15-2015, 10:24 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Constant 12V+ Pink/White
Switched 12V+ Red/White
Ground Black
Illumination Orange/Brown
Dimmer Black/Green
Antenna Left Rear
Front Speakers 6 3/4" Doors
Left Front (+) Green
Left Front (-) Brown/Red
Right Front (+) Purple
Right Front (-) Blue/Red
Rear Speakers 6" x 9" Rear Deck
Left Rear (+) Brown/Yellow
Left Rear (-) Brown/Blue
Right Rear (+) Blue/White
Right Rear (-) Blue/Orange

If you have the infinity amp it's located under the rear deck between the 6X9's you'll need to connect the amp turn on wire to the white with silver stripes/dots

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 98 avenger radio speaker wiring