1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

96 Avenger transmission solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 07:32 AM
stfoer
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Avenger transmission solenoid

I have had some issues with the transmission going into limp-in mode.
In order to repair it I got a new solenoid, speed sensors, oil filter and new oil.
When I got the original solenoid off I compared it to the new one, and what a surprise. Its not the same. Anyone on the forum that have seen this? Can the new one still be used? Appreciate any help regarding this issue. Even where to find the same type or is there any place we can have the old one reconditioned?

Last edited by stfoer; 08-01-2015 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:17 PM
stfoer
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have contacted ATP in order to clarify this. Please see reply from them that explain it all.

Dear Mr. Forde,
Thank you for purchasing our TE-6 solenoid. In 1999 Chrysler improved the design of the solenoid pack. Our TE-6 is the upgraded design. In order to use it on earlier vehicles you must remove and discard the original spacer plate and gasket. The spacer plate is not required with the upgraded design. The gasket included with the TE-6 MUST be used.

Bob Benisek
Product Manager

BBenisek@atpautomotive.com
(847) 597-9173 direct

Quick Reply: 96 Avenger transmission solenoid