1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

1999 Dodge Avenger V6 2.5 Power Steering Switch Discontinued Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 01:02 PM
Avenger KLady
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Dodge Avenger V6 2.5 Power Steering Switch Discontinued Please Help

Hello, I love my 1999 Dodge Avenger V6 2.5L - 77K miles - it's been a great car but now have the PO551 code problem and told I need a new Power Steering Pressure Sensor Switch - PSS14 - this part is listed on many auto part sites (US & China) but then when you press button to "purchase" it says "not in stock - not available" so I contacted Standard Motors Corporate HQ's only to be told this switch has been Discontinued...what?? I also tried the list of cross reference parts which are not available either. I'd feel much better finding a new part then a used one from a salvage yard but running out of time. Smog due next month and I want to pass! I'm in CA - Ugh - Please Help. Thank you.

Old 09-02-2015, 02:09 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

I cant find one anywhere.....

Old 09-16-2015, 11:46 AM
barra340
Amateur

Did you try RockAuto.com? They carry many of the discontinued parts.
If thats a Mitsubishi engine, ( look under hood for sticker) call Mitsubishi dealer.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:39 PM
Avenger KLady
Default Thanks

RockAuto says "out of stock" and according to Standard Motor Parts it's actually discontinued. I've tried all over the internet (US & Foreign) but no luck. I have also tried finding the cross reference parts with no luck. I'd have to find one at a salvage place and then it would be an old sensor and I'd much rather it be NEW. But it's not looking good. Thankfully my power steering seems normal and it may be that the sensor is just "faulty" but still working. I'll have to get a "part exception" clearance to pass smog (as long as there's no other issues).

Old 09-16-2015, 10:44 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Yeah. I checked rock auto and a bunch of other places. Lots of hits on the part number but then they say out of stock. Kinda clueless at this point. Sorry I could not help more.

Old 09-17-2015, 09:37 AM
barra340
Amateur

Originally Posted by Avenger KLady
RockAuto says "out of stock" and according to Standard Motor Parts it's actually discontinued. I've tried all over the internet (US & Foreign) but no luck. I have also tried finding the cross reference parts with no luck. I'd have to find one at a salvage place and then it would be an old sensor and I'd much rather it be NEW. But it's not looking good. Thankfully my power steering seems normal and it may be that the sensor is just "faulty" but still working. I'll have to get a "part exception" clearance to pass smog (as long as there's no other issues).
There are a punch of those switches in the yards here in Texas.*Cirrus and Sebring use same one.

Old 11-07-2015, 10:32 AM
Avenger KLady

Due to the Smog Regulations changing this past May which states a non-diesel car 1999 or older can pass with one "incomplete monitor" I passed smog! I'm in CA so not certain if this applies to other states. As stated in my prior posts the PSS14 power steering sensor switch was discontinued so unless I find one used someday I cannot replace it. I think the sensor is just "faulty" anyways - the code is not PO550 but PO551. I really just wanted to pass along the smog stuff in case others out there are concerned.

Old 11-07-2015, 10:57 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Be prepared to run into more of these discontinued parts in the future. It's very common now.

Old 11-08-2015, 01:43 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm seeing this as a power steering sensor shows available under rock auto

Quick Reply: 1999 Dodge Avenger V6 2.5 Power Steering Switch Discontinued Please Help