1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Tune-up for 1999 Dodge Avenger ES V6

Old 06-23-2016, 04:51 PM
kimzilla
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tune-up for 1999 Dodge Avenger ES V6

I am a very mechanically inclined female, but hear horror stories on tune-up on this yr,make n model. So helpful hints and tips to do this job would be awesome..I hear because of close and tight spaces..where plenum and valve cover gaskets go hard to get seated properly..So if I could get advice on this type of tune up spark plugs and wires...distributor cap..n rotor..etc..thanks a head of time for all your input..will be looking for how to videos...chat with you soon.

Old 06-30-2016, 07:36 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 333 Likes on 297 Posts

Using your local parts store OEM replacements will do you just fine.

Old 07-01-2016, 08:37 AM
kimzilla
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, I guess you must have misunderstood me and maybe I confused the question/statement. So I wanted Helpful Tips on how to get the valve cover gaskets and manifold & plenum gaskets Seated Properly so they don't leak because of the tight spaces near firewall. I continually have a leak because mechanics cannot get it right and which the oil leaks down on crank sensor and burns it out over time..expense replacement, which also causes a misfire with number 1 and or 2 eventually probably from the spark plug getting fouled out with oil, could be wrong, but won't know for sure unless I can correct the problem.

Last edited by kimzilla; 07-01-2016 at 08:40 AM.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:26 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the Felpro gasket set , and use gasket sealant , I install a thin coat on the underside of the valve cover then CAREFULLY push the gasket in place being sure to line up the holes for the bolts , Then let sit to cure , I prefer overnight but a few hours will do. Install the tube seals the same way , Then when you go to reassemble put a light coat around where the tube seals seat on the underside of the valve cover , reassemble and torque to spec. Be sure the Head surfaces are clean and debris free

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tune-up for 1999 Dodge Avenger ES V6