1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2023, 05:52 AM
SolomonMan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Windshield

All,
Have a 1988 Dodge Dakota 3.9, Auto.

The previous owner experienced some vandalism and lost the windshield.

What year windshields will work for this vehicle?

Reached out to Safelite and they never returned my call so I am looking on my own.

Thanks,
Chris

Old 12-08-2023, 10:00 AM
onemore94dak
Record Breaker
Received 131 Likes on 123 Posts

I'm pretty sure all first gen glass would be the same. Call some shops and ask. You'll have to go in anyway unless you are doing it yourself.

Old 12-08-2023, 11:05 AM
bronze
Record Breaker
Received 421 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by onemore94dak
I'm pretty sure all first gen glass would be the same. Call some shops and ask. You'll have to go in anyway unless you are doing it yourself.
I believe you're right 94. I had my 1993 windshield replaced 8-10 years ago. My insurance company sent out a tech to replace it and they paid for it too. I wouldn't want to tackle that job. The tech had all the equipment to safely install the thing including the hoist to put it in place. There's more to installing a windshield than what it appears.

Old 12-08-2023, 01:47 PM
SolomonMan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All,
At this point I am looking to get it done.

I have done a few replacements myself over the years. Mostly Vans, a couple classic Air Cooled Volkswagens, a late 80's Corsica LTZ. Its a job and having the tools helps.

Honestly one of my worse (69 VW Beetle) should have been the simplest but you all know how that goes.

I am trying to locate it first near by if my shops say they can not locate a replacement. Also a lot of yards in our area used to do them for a additional fee as well.

This is not a show truck but its not in horrible shape for its age but right now...I just need it on the road again.

Thanks for the info,
Chris

Old 12-26-2023, 06:39 PM
EliBBBB
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Curiosity

Originally Posted by SolomonMan
All,
At this point I am looking to get it done.

I have done a few replacements myself over the years. Mostly Vans, a couple classic Air Cooled Volkswagens, a late 80's Corsica LTZ. Its a job and having the tools helps.

Honestly one of my worse (69 VW Beetle) should have been the simplest but you all know how that goes.

I am trying to locate it first near by if my shops say they can not locate a replacement. Also a lot of yards in our area used to do them for a additional fee as well.

This is not a show truck but its not in horrible shape for its age but right now...I just need it on the road again.

Thanks for the info,
Chris

Hey man.

I understand you were looking for a windshield for your truck. Did you ever find out whether or not the other first Gen trucks or which trucks had interchangeable glass?

If so I was curious cause I was looking to get some glass for myself as well.

Thank you in advance

Quick Reply: Windshield