1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Buying New Seats But Kinda Confused

Old 08-22-2007, 11:55 AM
Countryboy0158
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying New Seats But Kinda Confused

ok well here's my situation... I have a 1995 Dakota regular cab and it curently has a bench seat in it that I hate. I was really wanting a good set of bucket seats that would look good.
I founda websitethat sellscorbeau seatsand i've never heard of them but i thought i wouldcheck em out. So I was looking around and found a seat that i like (CR1's). I also noticed that they made brackets for specific models. This is the part that confused me: First off it lists the 87-92 Dakota and i didnt think they changed much about the dak until 97 when they went to the newer body styles. Secondly itgives you have an option of "OE BENCH" and "OE BUCKET" and the difference is it states that the bench is to mount two seats and you only need to purchase one unit and is close to $200, but it doesn't state any type of side note for the bucket option and it is only right at $100 but i guess it only provides one bracket... this company also sells bench seats for offroad applications so this something that i am unsure about
So I guess my first question would be where it lists the 87-92 that would still work for my 95 dak right? And secondly should i go with the OE BENCH option since i originally had a bench seat and it states that it mounts two seats and you only need to purchase one? I'm guessing you would buy the bucket option if you were only purchasing one seat and bracket. Sorry for such a long post but I appreciate any help in advance.[/align]

Old 08-22-2007, 06:06 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Buying New Seats But Kinda Confused

I would mount 97-04 dak bucket seats in there. just go to a junkyard and find some good seats and you might have to mess with the mountsa lil bit. but they look sweet in there.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:34 PM
suicidecustom

i dont know about the 87-92 part but you would have to get the oe bench brackets. your floor will be set up to mount a bench so you will have to drill the floor to mount buckets.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:55 PM
partsman31523
Rookie

wtf??? you don't have to drill the floor to mount buckets as long as you go with oe buckets. I took out buckets and mounted a split bench from an 01 dakota in my 96. It's tough getting everything to line up butit can be done as long as you stay with the same body style. I had to drill new holes but the 01 is a whole nother body style. But the floorpan for all 1995 and 1996 dakotas are EXACTLY the same!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Buying New Seats But Kinda Confused