1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

91 dak fuse issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 09:13 PM
LowClassicDC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 dak fuse issue

well i have a fuse panel issue, well i atleast think so, my interior lights wont turn one and my radio wont work anymore, iv tried figuering it out and i ran out of ideas, would anyone have any idea on what the problem can be, and i also have a heating problem, i doesnt get as hot wiht the heat on as it should, blows chilly air at low rpm's even when its been running for abit and and if its over 2000 rmp then it will blow abit warmer, that would be great if anyone would possibly know the problem with that aswell, winter is coming and i wouldnt mind having heat, and the heater core is perfectly fine and not leaking either

Old 10-05-2008, 10:40 PM
mini
Professional

check the checkvalve thats inline with the heater hoses. make sure it has vacuum. and make sure theres 2 vacuum lines coming out with the heatercore out the firewall. make sure theyre hooked up. as for the lights and radio. just check all of the fuses if you hadnt already done that. maybe it shorted out somewhere.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:15 PM
LowClassicDC

alrite cool, ill check out all the vacum lines and see how that goes, hopefully, but yeah i already checked all the fuses, i think its gotta be a short, just a pain having to chase down those shorts in the harness, thanks for the info

Old 10-07-2008, 10:39 PM
jdog
Amateur

you might check your thermostat it might be the wrong one for the truck(the wrong opening temperature) or its stuck open the vacuum line are for the vent/heat controls but if either of them are missing it will blow out of the defrost and nothing else but that's what i would check

Quick Reply: 91 dak fuse issue