1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Lift springs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 07:36 PM
Cameron707
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift springs?

Are lifted leaf springs available for the 92 dakota 4x4? Like will ram springs work to lift it? Or should I get just replacement stock springs and longer hangers? And is torsion keys my only option for the front?? Thanks in advance.....

Old 05-22-2017, 11:52 PM
92DakotaClub
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cameron707
Are lifted leaf springs available for the 92 dakota 4x4? Like will ram springs work to lift it? Or should I get just replacement stock springs and longer hangers? And is torsion keys my only option for the front?? Thanks in advance.....
easy way in rear to get 3 inches or so is rear shackle flip ... works great.. did it with mine ..

.. body lift ..

front is torsion so no springs... just shocks and torsion bars its an independent front suspension so any lift above 3 inches to suspension in reality will require different control arms and a drop bracket for front diff as was included originally in the 4 inch lift that was built back in the day for these trucks..

the Dakota's never really had much for aftermarket or lifts... its a rare vehicle that never took off for offroad..

after dealing with this myself when I bought my 92 I built a lot of stuff and modded a lot.. welder is great and so is my welding skills now hahaha

but I refer to this post with my old truck ...
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...-gen-lift.html