1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

torsion bar how to?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 05:46 PM
chaddodgedakota
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default torsion bars

how many inches will my torsion bars give me on my 95 dodge dakota slt 4x4

Old 10-24-2014, 12:05 PM
92DakotaClub
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chaddodgedakota
how many inches will my torsion bars give me on my 95 dodge dakota slt 4x4
thread revival....

anyway it varies on alot of circumstances... average is 2 inches with stock keys . current keys might not be adjusted identical on both sides so might get more from one sid ethne another, also torsion bar sag and weaken and this will effect the lift, also ride quality suffers horribly compared to stock, that i found anyway but i had TSL Boggers and they are hard tire so,

Old 06-15-2015, 02:57 PM
Kota9496
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95_318SLT
Tim718 -> You pull the tops of the tires back in, the bottom stays put. So technically, you narrow the wheelsbase of the front.

Rolla91 -> You'd be surprised! It took the guy over 2 hours to line up the front of my truck after I cranked my torsion bars! It throws off all directions... camber, caster and toe. You have to start with caster and get that within spec. That is controlled by the rear bolt on the upper control arm. Then you move to camber, which is controlled by the front bolt on the upper control arm. Then you adjust toe, which is controlled by the tie rods.

Az93Dkota -> Nope, the 4x4s are IFS.
what kind of axle did you swap and what kind of truck could i get one off of? i was thinking swap out the front suspension and axle from a 1500 close to that year. Any insight would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: torsion bar how to?