1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

auto to manual kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 09:21 PM
tomparker2014
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto to manual kit?

anyone have any info on this? where to purchase or a link to info maybe? curious about installing clutch and shifter.

Edit: what is the best way to search and see if my question has been answered already?

Last edited by tomparker2014; 03-09-2014 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:16 AM
92DakotaClub
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tomparker2014
anyone have any info on this? where to purchase or a link to info maybe? curious about installing clutch and shifter.

Edit: what is the best way to search and see if my question has been answered already?

if converting its good t find a donor vehicle.. since you will need the clutch pedal assembly the clutch master(assuming its hydralic) safety start switch/possibly wiring(required for inspection here) all the lines, prolly best to run new but incase cost is an issue.

then you would need to get transmission, if V8 preferably a NV3500 then the clutch, proper bell housing if not already equipped, new flywheel/pressure plate, and everyhting else assiciated...

Now its not hard and may sound like a pain, but a 5 speed donor vehicle(even a 4 banger dakota) will have all you needfor the prep, then just need to f ind the tranny/clutch/flywheel/presureplaet assembly ..

forgive me if i missed somehting but so far i'l ive found is a donor vehicle, round here the NV3500 aint easy to find.

(used NV3500 since its the most common swap)

Old 03-10-2014, 12:26 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 92DakotaClub
if converting its good t find a donor vehicle.. since you will need the clutch pedal assembly the clutch master(assuming its hydralic) safety start switch/possibly wiring(required for inspection here) all the lines, prolly best to run new but incase cost is an issue.

then you would need to get transmission, if V8 preferably a NV3500 then the clutch, proper bell housing if not already equipped, new flywheel/pressure plate, and everyhting else assiciated...

Now its not hard and may sound like a pain, but a 5 speed donor vehicle(even a 4 banger dakota) will have all you needfor the prep, then just need to f ind the tranny/clutch/flywheel/presureplaet assembly ..

forgive me if i missed somehting but so far i'l ive found is a donor vehicle, round here the NV3500 aint easy to find.

(used NV3500 since its the most common swap)
You pretty much covered it all.

There is a swap write up in the FAQ2, just a few posts above this one.

Old 03-10-2014, 01:23 AM
tomparker2014
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys checking out FAQ 1 and 2 now.

Quick Reply: auto to manual kit?