1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

1995 Dakota problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 07:00 PM
danny194
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Dakota problems

hello all, I am new to this forum and in search of some help. first of all my sons and myself all drive dodge trucks, 98 12 valve cummins, 97 ram 1500, 86 w150 power ram, and a 95 dakota sport. the dakota is the newest to the stables and is a 95 sport 2wd, 5 speed with a 2.5 liter engine. truck ran when bought but not good, had more blow by than I have ever seen! So a complete engine rebuild took place with new crank, rods, pistons, reman head with new cam and every other part we could put on it. truck runs great now but my issue is the fan runs almost all the time. changed the temp sensor and relay and it still does it. the fan did not do this before we rebuilt it. It obviously is something we did but I've checked wiring and grounds fifteen times now with no obvious problems. I hooked up my obd1 scanner today and got the following codes: 22-engine coolant temp sensor voltage to high, 35: radiator fan relay circuit open or short. 41:generator field control circuit open or short. Im hopeing someone can lead me in the right direction with these codes. I do not have a wiring diagram so I don't know if these have a common ground or power. also the CTS works off ground so I don't know why it says voltage to high. Sorry for the long post but just trying to give all the facts. ANY help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Quick Reply: 1995 Dakota problems