1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Help with blend door, or whole heater box assy

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 12:42 PM
eggbirtt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with blend door, or whole heater box assy

Hello all, I was given a 89 Dakota from my father recently. Sat for almost 10 years, step by step I got it running, purrs like a kitten. Heater core went while re-breaking it in. I removed the heater box assy to find the blend door shaft was broken off flush. Cannot for the life of me find one online. Was wondering if anyone out there has the door or the whole box assy. It is a non-AC truck, don't know if that matters. I wanna finish the truck and drive it to my dads and let him take it out for a spin. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I live in PA. Thanks in advance

Old 03-28-2017, 11:42 PM
dakota1996
Professional

Originally Posted by eggbirtt
Hello all, I was given a 89 Dakota from my father recently. Sat for almost 10 years, step by step I got it running, purrs like a kitten. Heater core went while re-breaking it in. I removed the heater box assy to find the blend door shaft was broken off flush. Cannot for the life of me find one online. Was wondering if anyone out there has the door or the whole box assy. It is a non-AC truck, don't know if that matters. I wanna finish the truck and drive it to my dads and let him take it out for a spin. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I live in PA. Thanks in advance
Keep an eye on eBay one may show up and you could also try rockauto online if you haven't yet they are pretty good. Another option could be junkyard or call AutoZone.

Old 03-29-2017, 06:48 AM
93 ragtop
Record Breaker
Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

You may try this site. http://www.car-part.com/ FWIW I seen a heater assy. for a non AC 89 listed for $50.00. But I would bet that the junkyards would ship. Good luck.

Old 04-30-2017, 09:48 AM
eggbirtt

Thanks 93 ragtop, I ended up buying it and they are shipping to me...