1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

How do i put my window back on track, ASAP help

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 09:36 PM
rjlane1@pacbell.net
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamLoomas
Omg! People on these forums ramble so much! I always hate when i look up a question it draws a search result with the question and i come to the site to see people having a conversation about nothing pertaining to the question!

Your question: Your cable broke and your window fell in the door!

Answer:It's The Actuator! It comes with a track that you bolt on inside the door and has cables attached to it! Cables bad window fell pull window out at an angle get new actuator remove old put new in bolt window to actuator! Window will work then!

Check Autozone.com Or Advance.com Or order from partsgeek.com or autopartswarehouse.com for driver side or passenger
Go ahead and link to one. I'm in this boat now.

Video of mine's behavior
Is this the part you are referring too?
http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/200...regulator.html

Old 05-14-2013, 10:06 PM
rjlane1@pacbell.net
Rookie

One other thing for rant's sake, this is the second time this has happened. The first time it was still covered by the extended warranty I wisely purchased from the dealer. I want to say it was a $500 job. I assumed that they replaced the motor at the time, but don't know for sure. I don't drive this vehicle a lot, but man, two power window cables? I've never had a power window problem with any of the vehicles I've owned. I refuse to go all Stockholm Syndrome and blame myself for shoddy maintenance or slamming the door too hard.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:36 PM
Durango Runner
Default Fixing your window

[QUOTE=swab;934655]this has been the worst day ever i drove so far to go to a amusment park and when i got there my window fell down in the door, the motor is still working so im hoping it just fell off track, how do i go about putting it back on when i take the door panel off?
Go to partsgeek.com you can order the cable system and rails all by itself. Or you can order the entire assembly motor and all this is the cheapest place I have found to get parts very courteous very fast and always sends me the right parts cheap most part have free shipping as long as you spend more than $30 and you are in the u.s. the cable system that you need I had to replace in my Durango it was 38 or 39 dollars with free shipping and was here within 6 days

Old 07-18-2016, 12:41 PM
Durango Runner

[QUOTE=Durango Runner;3303839]
Originally Posted by swab
this has been the worst day ever i drove so far to go to a amusment park and when i got there my window fell down in the door, the motor is still working so im hoping it just fell off track, how do i go about putting it back on when i take the door panel off?
Go to partsgeek.com you can order the cable system and rails all by itself. Or you can order the entire assembly motor and all this is the cheapest place I have found to get parts very courteous very fast and always sends me the right parts cheap most part have free shipping as long as you spend more than $30 and you are in the u.s. the cable system that you need I had to replace in my Durango it was 38 or 39 dollars with free shipping and was here within 6 days
Would also like to add that these are not junkyard parts All brand new

Old 07-18-2016, 12:56 PM
JeeperDon
All Star
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

D_R, this is a 3+ year old thread/question. I suspect he's handled it by now.

Quick Reply: How do i put my window back on track, ASAP help