1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

How do i put my window back on track, ASAP help

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 02:09 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Indy,

I already ordered the complete assembly. I found that site before but it did not really tell me if it is only the regulator without motor? I guess I may give them a call to check for pricing.

The one I ordered from am-autoparts, costed me $61 with free shipping. Cheapest ever for a complete assembly. The part is made by Doran and lots of users posted good reviews on its reliability and durability. So at least this will be a 10 minute part swapout as I don't have to disassemble the electric motor.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:59 PM
MongoDV8
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kensai
Thanks Indy,

I already ordered the complete assembly. I found that site before but it did not really tell me if it is only the regulator without motor? I guess I may give them a call to check for pricing.

The one I ordered from am-autoparts, costed me $61 with free shipping. Cheapest ever for a complete assembly. The part is made by Doran and lots of users posted good reviews on its reliability and durability. So at least this will be a 10 minute part swapout as I don't have to disassemble the electric motor.
I'm getting ready to do one too. Did you get your parts ok from this company? Were they the right ones? Would you reccomend this company?

Old 03-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Kensai
Champion

Mongo,

I would recommend it. So far so good, just make sure when you order, you are ordering exactly for the door you indicated. Otherwise you will get the wrong part.

The install was less than 10 minutes to take out the old part and put in the new part. Most of your trouble will be taking the door trim and disconnecting the wiring harness to the master switch console if you are working on the front driver door. While you are at it, go buy some electrical grease and put some over the head of the wiring harness to your power windows/locks. This will prevent electrical issues with your windows randomly working in future.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Blue2001Durango
Default Window

I have this problem with my rear driverside window, I asume its broke one of the cables is loose with a plastic piec on the end? ould you say it is broke?

you guys say the swap is easy how do you line up the window or keep the window in pace while you remove the motoe and regulator?

Old 04-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Kensai
Champion

Blue2001,

The rear doors should be easier to do vs the driver door as there aren't as many controls that you need to disconnect. Basically you will need a log rod (I used my 10 inch socket extension tool) to lodge the glass window from falling down to the bottom of the door. Then you can remove the whole assemby. I think if I remember, there are two bolts that hold on the shaft, and 3 bolts that hold down the motor assemby to the door frame. there should only be two bolts that hold the actual glass to the assembly. So I think 7 bolts total. The motor/regular/shaft is all one complete assembly. I think most bolts, you need a 10mm socket or +/- size and/or no #1 phillips.

If you never done this before, there is a link in this forum on how to change your door speakers with picture illustration, you can use these illustrations to assist you on how to remove the door trim to gain access to replace your power window assembly.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Blue2001Durango

I have it apart already i just need the part and remove the old assembly. I have to find a good price on this. how does the window set in the assembly?

Old 04-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Kensai
Champion

Blue,

You can go to the website that I posted where I bought my window assembly. The price is very reasonable.

The window glass has a metal insert at the bottom that also serves as the sleeve to connect to the assembly. The sleeve is connected to the assembly and held together with 2 bolts.

With the glass held up with a rod insert, you bolt down your assembly but don't tighten the bolts yet, just finger tight them. Then bring down the window to line up the holes to put the bolts back on to hold the window glass back on the assembly, once you have got this done, then you can begin to tighten the remaining bolts on the assembly to the door frame.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:46 PM
timandcheryl

Originally Posted by Kensai
Blue2001,

If you never done this before, there is a link in this forum on how to change your door speakers with picture illustration, you can use these illustrations to assist you on how to remove the door trim to gain access to replace your power window assembly.
Where can I find this link?

Thanks.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:58 AM
Kensai
Champion

Welcome to the boards Tim and Cheryl.

Here is the link:

http://www.craigcentral.com/durango/speakers.asp

Old 05-13-2013, 08:24 AM
AdamLoomas
Default Omg people on these forums ramble so much

Omg! People on these forums ramble so much! I always hate when i look up a question it draws a search result with the question and i come to the site to see people having a conversation about nothing pertaining to the question!

Your question: Your cable broke and your window fell in the door!

Answer:It's The Actuator! It comes with a track that you bolt on inside the door and has cables attached to it! Cables bad window fell pull window out at an angle get new actuator remove old put new in bolt window to actuator! Window will work then!

Check Autozone.com Or Advance.com Or order from partsgeek.com or autopartswarehouse.com for driver side or passenger

Quick Reply: How do i put my window back on track, ASAP help