Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting
Print Wikipost

Clear headlight lenses

Old 01-29-2009, 05:47 PM
BigRedMachine00
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been thinking of getting the clear lenses also. I got the clear corners and the headlights are yellowed and fogged, but I used some Meguiars plastic polish and it cleared them up pretty good. As far as the bulbs go I use eBay for my bulbs. I get the xenon superwhites and they look good and I also have the 80/100 watt in my D with no problems. They are not really 80/100 watt the light is supposed to be similar to bulbs of that type they are really the stock 55/65 that are already in your truck. Use eBay for anything for your D, my whole truck is from eBay (literally I bought the truck on eBay) and 95% of the stuff I buy for it is on eBay. Kensai you could have gotten those same clear heads on ebay for $115 w/ free shipping because I'm getting ready to buy the same exact ones. I can post if you guys are interested in the sellers on eBay for the good bulbs that are DOT approved.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:27 AM
rmcheat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you should check out Headlight Restoration Service ( www.hrslights.com ). The headlights i got from them were like brand new, OEM and the best price i could find. I hope this helps.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Dans01Durango
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had mine for a while. I switched out the old bulbs with Silverstars. Brighter than stock and still legal. Just have to adjust the headlights after you install them so you don't blind others...LOL...

Old 07-25-2009, 02:00 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I run Ultra Silverstars and love em!

As for paying to restore your lenses compaired to buying new ones with the corner lenses included for like $100 shipped and looken REALLY good...... I think I'll go for the new ones personally from ebay, but thaks for that link!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clear headlight lenses