1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Power windows all not working??

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 09:25 PM
vetteman56
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power windows all not working??

Can someone assist with an idea concerning all the power windows suddenly not working on my sons 98 durango. I have checked all fuses and the 25 amp breaker marked for the power windows. All seem fine, yet the windows all will not work.I have checked for loose wiring by pulling the drivers door panel and all seem fine there also.I am out of ideas and would appreciate any and all assistance. I hope all have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-22-2007, 02:44 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: Power windows all not working??

Did you look under the hood and make sure the relays/fuses are good?
Also test for power at the drivers side door switch.

Old 11-22-2007, 07:09 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You may want to reseat the wiring harness anyways just to be sure at the driver's door window switch console.

Old 11-22-2007, 07:58 PM
Dango85
Rookie

This is probably not the culprit, but while doing some door work on my truck, I accidentally thought my passenger windows went dead, even with power...I was an idiot and left the passenger disengage-switch engaged. So, while that is not likely the source of the problem (since ALL windows aren't functioning), I just have to throw that reminder out there so you don't drive yourself nuts for nothing.

Old 12-31-2007, 11:42 AM
slza805
Rookie

Bringing back this back... for my 2000 D.

I have the same problem but its only with my drivers side door window and passenger rear right side.

Fuses Relays aregood withinhood area. Passenger windows locks are disengaged. I have opened the door and reseated the wireness on both doors.

The funny thing is that when I occassionaly hit the switch down, most of the time does not work but if it does go halfway down it gets stuck. In order for me to get it back up I have to bang on the top of the door "HARD" a few times it to get it drop and then I am able to raise it back up.

Any ideas... what to check or replace.

Thanks.

Old 02-02-2008, 09:23 PM
siemiller

hay dont know if you are still have problems but my back 2 did not go down i replaced the mast control swich now they work grate

Old 02-15-2008, 10:53 PM
durangoguy16
Rookie

If the windows worked and then all of a sudden stopped working a quick run down of logical things would be in order...
1.. check all fuses inside the cab and under the hood..
2. remove drivers door panel first because you can control all widows from there.
3. pick one of the 4 switches and test with a lighted test lead or a multimeter to see if there is power on one of the sides of the switch( i dont honestly know what side the power should be on but 1 side should have power)
a. if you have power press that switch and check for power on the opposit side of the switch..
b if no power trace the wires back to the power window control modual and see if there is power going in to that.. if not trace back to the fuse box and be sure there are no cuts.. if you trace it ll the way to the fuse box and there are no breaks trust me you WILL have power..
4. if there is power then trace wires down to your window motor all should be intact and no cuts. if this is the case chances are the motor is bad.(be as you said they all died at the same time so chances are ist the power window module)
NOTE if they get stuck down and its about to rain run a set of wires from a 12 volt battery directly to the window motor(unplug it of course) one polarity will make it go up and one polarity will make it go down..
I hope this helps someone..

Old 06-19-2009, 02:31 PM
vetteman56
Default Thanks to all !

Thank you everyone who replied. It ended up being the driver'd door switch assembly. I replaced the entire thing and all is well. Thanks again!

Old 06-20-2009, 10:22 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks for the update!

Old 11-12-2016, 03:08 PM
Brian Tinsley
Default 1998 Durango Passenger side windows not working

OK.... My right rear passenger window quit working and now my front passenger window quit working. I replaced the entire master switch yesterday and same issue, right side f/b windows work fine, as does the window lock on the drivers side. I pulled the right rear passenger door off as I had replaced the regulator a while back. I did have pwr to the switch and put another switch on it , still no window movement. I looked at all the fuses and even replaced a couple. I even tried jiggling the wire connections on the ALL the doors where the black rubber coats the wires from doors to the body. Nothing.... I am ready to drive this off the Tacoma Narrows Bridge.. (not me in it!) but.. it's been a great vehicle. Any ideas? The pwr door locks work find from the master switch and from the left front passenger switch. The ***** show the green lights on them, but NOTHING from either the right side master drivers switch or either passenger window front or back. I can't imagine both window motors went out. I pulled out the silver window fuse (bigger one) that said mater windows and I don't know how you would tell it was bad UNLESS all windows quit working? I can't find any fuse under the hood that relates to the pwr windows on my 1998 durango. It has to be a wire issue? Ground issue?

Help please!
Thanks,
Brian

Quick Reply: Power windows all not working??