1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Turn Signals and Radio stopped working.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 04:17 AM
blackdodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn Signals and Radio stopped working.

Well besides all the other electrical problems I've had ( rear sensor,heated seat and blower resistor) My D's got a new funk going on.
Seems that the turn signals and radio don't want to work all the time. I'll be driving along and radio goes blank no turn signals either. Pounded on the wheel and they come back on for a brief second. Raise the steering column to the highest level and they stay on for a few until I hit a bump. Even jiggling the key while driving turns them off and on? Anybody have a clue on this? The weirdest part is that if I have the key turned to acc. ( when parked of course ) everything workd fine. HELPPPPPPPPPPP don't wnat to get a ticket for no turn signals. Any leads what to look for would be great. THANks

[IMG]local://upfiles/10114/07477270AB214108A7669F31C93806C0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-11-2005, 03:37 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Turn Signals and Radio stopped working.

Could be possible it may be a switch or something in the steering wheel assembly. Do you have stereo mounted controls on your steering wheels? I cannot recall the proper name, but a spring inside my steering wheel went out. All my audio controls went out, alot of my instrument panel indicators like ABS, whatever lights came on. Replacing the spring fixed all that.

Tommy

Old 01-11-2005, 08:08 PM
blackdodge

I do have the steering controls but that doesn't seem to be the issue. The power on the stereo goes out along with the blinkers power. Flashers seem to work fine during this issue though. Weird. If anyone knows what this spring thing is called let me know. Thanks

Old 01-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Last Of The R/Ts
Record Breaker

I would say it is in your steering column. I mean if you think about it, the power for the things you are talking about has to be "allowed" to pass via the ignition switch. The hazard lights will work regardless if your key is in or not. I would seriously check out that steering column, especially since you say when you pound on the steering wheel (lol) and move it up and down it works until you hit a bump. Something is definatley loose in there.

Good Luck.

Old 11-29-2005, 02:02 PM
eddiebla

What did you find out about your turn signal and radio problem, I seem to be having that problem right now. Thanks

Old 11-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Digitoxin
Professional

ORIGINAL: blackdodge

If anyone knows what this spring thing is called let me know. Thanks
Its a steering wheel module coil similar to this one..

Old 12-29-2005, 12:05 PM
jerjenple

Is that the steering wheel spring clip switch that Dodge had the recall on? Just curious because I just took my D in for a switch in the steering colum to be replaced under the recall. Not sure what the switch was used for and never saw what it looked like.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:49 PM
01DodgeDurago
Default Ignition switch-lights and radio go out??

Has anyone figured out what causes this problem? My grandpa has a 2001 Dodge Dakota and when you wiggle the ignition switch the lights, radio, turn signals will go out. And sometimes does it on its own while driving. I need to try and get it fixed just for safety reasons being my grandpa.

Old 10-19-2013, 02:43 PM
preciadotina
Default Where is the spring?

Is the spring inside the steering wheel itself?
Originally Posted by Kensai
Could be possible it may be a switch or something in the steering wheel assembly. Do you have stereo mounted controls on your steering wheels? I cannot recall the proper name, but a spring inside my steering wheel went out. All my audio controls went out, alot of my instrument panel indicators like ABS, whatever lights came on. Replacing the spring fixed all that.

Tommy

Old 10-21-2013, 11:42 PM
topdogcustoms
Captain

the spring in the steering wheel is a clock spring. its behind the steering wheel

Quick Reply: Turn Signals and Radio stopped working.