AMP AND CD CHANGER

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 12:39 AM
MAGIC84
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMP AND CD CHANGER

Gentlemen,

Ithink we got our mileage out of the turn signal/lamp forum with Alleyooper. (I said I think we got the mileage worth but let me know if we didnt.)

With that said, lets move on.

I am thinking of getting an amp andCD changer. The reason I have gotten them sooner is well $$$$ of course, the other reason is I have no idea where to put it. I am looking for alocation that keeps it out of sight, and in a location that doesnt intrude on passenger space or cargo area. Any ideas?? I am thinking of under the frontpassenger seatfor the AMP, or possibly under the RH rear passenger
seat, I do not use that a lot, and if it needs to be folded forward for entry into the 3rd row I think it would be in a position to step over, or enter the 3rd row from the LH side. That may help with the AMP but any ideas on the CD changer.

Please no replies with, Owners Manual, RTFB or anything along those lines.

Steve

Old 07-12-2008, 09:06 AM
smittyb69n
Default RE: AMP AND CD CHANGER

I think theres something about that in the owners manual. Sorry couldnt help it

I mounted my amp to a speaker box in the back but i legenthed all of my wires to the amp about 2 feet. This way when i want to use the third row i pull the box all the way to the rear and flip up the seat. When I want cargo room i push the box to the back of the second row. Not the prettiest thing but it works.

As for the CD changer (they still make those???) I would try to mount it in the arm rest box.

Instead of putting in a changer ibought a Ipod,Its alot easier than carrying around 100 or so cd's

Old 07-12-2008, 10:09 AM
MAGIC84
All Star
Default RE: AMP AND CD CHANGER

Smitty,

Thanks, I don't suppose you have any photos that you could PM me with do you??

As for the Ipod, you are not the only one to mention that. I might have to switch out my stereo so I can get one with a front AUX input, but I was thinking of doing that anyway. I will research that a bit more, but I think the amp might be a fairly near term investment, along with new speakers.

Quick Reply: AMP AND CD CHANGER