1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Help locate CTM for 2001 Durango

Old 07-05-2008, 08:33 PM
dyry
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help locate CTM for 2001 Durango

Any help locating where I can purchase a CTM - Central Timer Module - would be appreciated. I believe the Dodge part number is 08190101. Striking out at most on-line part sites. Also any hints about what to watch out for with installation would be helpful.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:50 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help locate CTM for 2001 Durango

Dyry:

The number you have listed does not match the one I recently had to buy. The number I got from the local dealer was 5114191AA and priced at $273 + tax.

It is located behind the driver side kick panel by your left foot. Once the panel is off, you will see it mounted there via 3 screws. There are 3 plugs that come out, and its out.

You can install the module, but you will have to have a dealer program it once the install is done. Be sure to take ALL of your remotes in with you to the dealer, as they need to reprogram all of them.

Total bill for me was $475.00 at the local 5 star.

Don

Old 07-06-2008, 12:47 PM
dyry

Thank you for the lead. My search continues - got to find a less expensive alternative to local dealer -Local Dealer quoted us over $600 total to fix - CTM part $294.15 plus tax, plus another part for $80, plus labor of almost $200.

Old 07-06-2008, 06:37 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker

Dyry:

What is the other part they are wanting to replace?

What issues were you having that lead to the diagnosis of the CTM??

Look online, and surely you can do a bit better on the part. I am pretty sure that you will have to see a dealer at some point though for the programming.

Give 888-486-0757 a try. I bought some Dodge body appliques from them a while back, and was very pleased.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:03 AM
dyry

Problem started with all interior and headlights flickering off and on randomly (and all together) and then remote key lock won't work and sometimes the switch to lock/unlock all doors won't work.

Took in to dealer for diagnostics and told us needs CTM (althought they wrote as Central Timer Module and called it a BCM) for $294.15 plus said we needed a new headlamp switch with fog for $79.95 ... all plus tax and labor. We can't figure out why the headlamp switch is needed and will deal with that later. We also first searched the dodge forum's for the problem and they indicated the CTM - prior to diagonostic.

It's a 2001 and am weighing how much we want to put into it.... found a junk-yard search for parts site am trying now. Thanks for the number you gave - I may get to it.

My husband thinks he can program the keys as he has instructions and advice from a mechaniche trusts ...but even if we need to take it in for programming, hope to save labor costs.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:23 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: dyry

Problem started with all interior and headlights flickering off and on randomly (and all together) and then remote key lock won't work and sometimes the switch to lock/unlock all doors won't work.

***These are classic symptoms of a failing CTM

Took in to dealer for diagnostics and told us needs CTM (althought they wrote as Central Timer Module and called it a BCM) for $294.15 plus said we needed a new headlamp switch with fog for $79.95 ... all plus tax and labor. We can't figure out why the headlamp switch is needed and will deal with that later. We also first searched the dodge forum's for the problem and they indicated the CTM - prior to diagonostic.

***Not sure why they think the switch is bad. Probably misdiagnosis initially, and don't want to admit it. As far as the CTM/BCM thing, I think the CTM was called a BCM after 2004, in any case, it reminds me of a BM....

It's a 2001 and am weighing how much we want to put into it.... found a junk-yard search for parts site am trying now. Thanks for the number you gave - I may get to it.

***If your 01 is a nice as my 01,I say its worth it to fix.On this end, my extended warranty paid all but $100.I would also be wary of a boneyard part unless it is the latest version.

My husband thinks he can program the keys as he has instructions and advice from a mechaniche trusts ...but even if we need to take it in for programming, hope to save labor costs.

***While it is true that you can program the remotes, the programminghere is to program the module itself. I doubt your hubby has equipment todo this.

If the new module is not programmed,it can't do its job, nor be programmed for remotes.

Don

Old 07-08-2008, 10:15 AM
dyry

You have been extremely helpful.. thank you. I'll pass on info to hubby.. I'm sure you are right about the programming!

Old 07-08-2008, 04:11 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker

Dyry:

No problem:

Keep us posted and let us know how things turn out.

Don

Old 07-11-2008, 09:20 PM
dyry

Had BCM replaced today by local dealer and all is well again. $294 for the part and total bill of $513 which included labor, waste disposal (??) and taxes.

Appreciate all the help and advice. Helped make informed decisions. This forum was very beneficial.

dy

Old 07-12-2008, 10:43 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker

DY:

Glad to hear you got your D back to 100%. Sorry to hear though that you could not do better on the price.

Your $513 is even crazier than my $476 just a few months ago.

Funny how these SUV's are not worth a plug nickel for a trade or to sell outright, but still cost an arm and leg to repair.

Don

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help locate CTM for 2001 Durango